Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 01/18

Tip us?

Jann F
Old
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanSpatschek View Post
Flickering occurs when you've set a wallpaper with the portrait tool instead of the full tool. Use Nova, set wallpaper with full tool and you won't have flicker while switching between apps - but if you set it with the portrait tool, you will have flicker.
I have no Wallpaper set
MEH.

metropolitans
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMikeP View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. But it's not working for me.

I re-did what you said to do. (Re-enabling "visible to all nearby devices.") No change.

In the "Settings Panel" it shows that I'm connected to the Jabra, and I get the beep in the ear piece. (Not the speaker.) So that shows that OS generated sounds are being received by the Jabra.

Until I can test someone's else's ear piece, I'm gonna assume the problem is that my Jabra is mono only. Wouldn't it be funny if the phasing of the stereo channels was 180 degrees out of phase on the HD+! (I listen to podcasts, which would cancel out on stereo to mono. I'll try finding some classical music in stereo to listen to. If I hear some muted music, that would test my phase hypothesis.)
It sounds like the problem is your Jabra device. If you can, try it with a wireless speaker. Maybe borrow one from a friend or go to an electronics store with a working display model of a bluetooth speaker. Then try pairing your tablet with it. Should work fine. I have no issues pairing either my HD+ or HD tablet for music streaming.

extrem0
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlang View Post
I burned the unofficial build and latest gapps, wiped cache and rebooted. Everything appears to work Normally. I ran the mirrorenabler and checked the boxes, then ran chromecast. It found my chromecast device, but when I selected it to cast screen, the TV screen went black for a bit and my nook reported Google play services have stopped, and the chromecast app reported the chromecast device has disconnected.

Casting from a discovered app works fine.

What am I missing? Do I need to use older gapps?
You need to have updated Google play services. Make sure it's on 5.0.82 build. Also, try rebooting both your chromecast and your nook after enabling cast and no force close options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam4android View Post
After upgrading to cm11 on the nook HD, will the nook start supporting wireless display ? will i be able to conect to any miracast support TV ? I will be thankful if someone can confirm this....

Thanks to verygreen and all devs for this excellent work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr0idfreak View Post
AFAIK, Miracast has a hardware requirement which is not present in the Nooks.
I know you can mirror your nook screen if you have a chromecast, but I'm not sure if you can mirror your screen using miracast, but I think you can't.
Sensation 4G // CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean by albinoman887

myTouch 4G [bad emmc&screen] // Dark Jelly Belly v.2 w/ Frosted Cherry Kernel -- sold

Milestone A853 // CyanogenMod 7.2.4e by kabaldan

angelofmenoth
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Easiest way to remove flickering is to disable overlays in developer options.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

volpo222
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofmenoth View Post
Easiest way to remove flickering is to disable overlays in developer options.
This setting does not persist between updates.

Is there anyway to make it persistent?

Thanks,

V

angelofmenoth
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I haven't found a way to make it stick between updates, but I remember to set the option again as soon as I see the first flicker. LOL

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

razholio
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMikeP View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. But it's not working for me.

I re-did what you said to do. (Re-enabling "visible to all nearby devices.") No change.

In the "Settings Panel" it shows that I'm connected to the Jabra, and I get the beep in the ear piece. (Not the speaker.) So that shows that OS generated sounds are being received by the Jabra.

Until I can test someone's else's ear piece, I'm gonna assume the problem is that my Jabra is mono only. Wouldn't it be funny if the phasing of the stereo channels was 180 degrees out of phase on the HD+! (I listen to podcasts, which would cancel out on stereo to mono. I'll try finding some classical music in stereo to listen to. If I hear some muted music, that would test my phase hypothesis.)
this isn't gonna work for you unless the bluetooth device supports A2DP (bluetooth stereo audio). You can pair and even connect to a device that will not play back the 'media audio' from android because it only supports 'phone audio'. There are mono devices that do support this (bluant earpiece - mine is set to 'phone audio' only) but they are few and far between. Most commonly you will find bluetooth speakers that also serve as a speakerphone and will therefore support 'phone audio' in addition to 'media audio'. I recently played audio from google music on my nook HD+ running CM M8 through my stereo bluetooth speaker and it worked fine.
sign up for dropbox with this link and we both get a 500MB storage bonus: http://db.tt/19736kw8
The Following User Says Thank You to razholio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomlang
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0 View Post
You need to have updated Google play services. Make sure it's on 5.0.82 build. Also, try rebooting both your chromecast and your nook after enabling cast and no force close options.

I know you can mirror your nook screen if you have a chromecast, but I'm not sure if you can mirror your screen using miracast, but I think you can't.
I'm still having no luck casting the screen. Casting from a chromecast aware application works well. I downgraded Google play services to 5.0.82, and rebooted both the nook hd+ and chromecast after running the mirror enabler with all three switches set. A few seconds after I try to cast screen to my chromecast, Google play services quits and it disconnects.

Any ideas?

PMikeP
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by razholio View Post
this isn't gonna work for you unless the bluetooth device supports A2DP (bluetooth stereo audio). You can pair and even connect to a device that will not play back the 'media audio' from android because it only supports 'phone audio'. There are mono devices that do support this (bluant earpiece - mine is set to 'phone audio' only) but they are few and far between. Most commonly you will find bluetooth speakers that also serve as a speakerphone and will therefore support 'phone audio' in addition to 'media audio'. I recently played audio from google music on my nook HD+ running CM M8 through my stereo bluetooth speaker and it worked fine.
Wow, good answer! Thanks.

Tags
cm11