Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1/NE1] TW 4.4 and 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (7-10-14)

Tip us?

adabo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks BadUsername and -somebody-.

Now onto the flashing, maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see any guides on how to use the Odin utility to flash. I've never flashed before and I don't think this is a situation where I can attempt trial and error since any error could result in a brick or worse.

BadUsername
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabo View Post
Thanks BadUsername and -somebody-.

Now onto the flashing, maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see any guides on how to use the Odin utility to flash. I've never flashed before and I don't think this is a situation where I can attempt trial and error since any error could result in a brick or worse.
Just use the softbrick repair guide, it's basically an Odin guide.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adabo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ah, good to know, thanks!

So the guide starts off with a warning that those with 4.3 have a locked bootloader FOREVER. Is that true or just a hyperbole?

BadUsername
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabo View Post
Ah, good to know, thanks!

So the guide starts off with a warning that those with 4.3 have a locked bootloader FOREVER. Is that true or just a hyperbole?
It's probably true.

4.3 and 4.4 are completely locked down.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1940

DONATE TO ME
So, I updated my girlfriend to 4.4 and everything is mostly working fine but her reception is kinda thrashed. Nothing I can do software side right? Because flashing a prior radio will cause a brick?
Team Inferno (Co-admin)

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick View Post
So, I updated my girlfriend to 4.4 and everything is mostly working fine but her reception is kinda thrashed. Nothing I can do software side right? Because flashing a prior radio will cause a brick?
You should be able to flash the radio only and not brick. Problem is, the radio only files are zip files flashed through custom recovery. If she is 4.4.2 stock, then her bootloader is locked which means no custom recovery which means no flashing of zip files. If you updated her to a custom 4.4.2 AOSP ROM, then you should be free to flash any radio file without fear of bricking.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gherman222
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default Music, audio

Anyone having issues with stock audio/music player, and even Google Play Music?? Neither will play, and even when I start a game, my external speaker has a "crackling" sound. WTHeck?
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 - "If I helped you, click 'Thanks'"