Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

[Q] Rooting Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G SGH-T679

OP 1776

1st August 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #11  
Flag Puyallup
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Towel root?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776

Most posts on this are two years old and links no longer work to files needed...

I have never rooted my SGH-T679 but now I keep getting notices that the phone memory is low. I would like to root without touching the rom on the phone so that I can finally dump the bloatware. I have read the XDA thread on rooting this phone and the links to root-stock.zip - 1.62 MB no longer work - come up file deleted or missing. Also second file required - ClockworkMod (? - not sure the name) also comes up as not found.

Yes, it is an old phone (actually only three years old) and I can't afford a another one right now. If I can still root this phone I can get more years out of it. And I like the Gingerbread rom it has.

Also - will the rooting process wipe out all currently downloaded and installed apps? I'd like to avoid that too if possible.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Have you ever heard of towelroot? there is a website called towelroot.com, and i am not sure whether it still works, but you should try anyway. You click the lambda and it will download an app. You then install it and click the make it rain button, and you should be root. After that, download Supersu, and root checker. You should then be able to clear bloatware with a root browser.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread