Ask a question

No registration required

I got the device into fastboot mode

OP epicfailol

14th February 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
You can use the command "adb reboot-bootloader", I didn't see anyone else try this on here. Unfortunately, fastboot still doesn't recognize the device. I used the stock USB cable, I also tried doing it with my factory cable, but the device rebooted to a black screen and I got it recognized as "Qualcomm QH-USB QDloader"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2142796.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2579579  
16th February 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailol

You can use the command "adb reboot-bootloader", I didn't see anyone else try this on here. Unfortunately, fastboot still doesn't recognize the device. I used the stock USB cable, I also tried doing it with my factory cable, but the device rebooted to a black screen and I got it recognized as "Qualcomm QH-USB QDloader"

need use QPST (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2588608&page=5)
but this way not completed until the end of
17th February 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
I managed to send a command with fastboot under linux (Windows just didn't work, but in device manager I got it to show up as fastboot), did anyone else try this?
20th February 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I managed to send a command with fastboot under linux (Windows just didn't work, but in device manager I got it to show up as fastboot), did anyone else try this?

Really? & just what command did you send using fastboot? Unless you have a magic kernel & bootloader, there is no fastboot access without passing the key. The way updates are performed on the KF HDX are fairly abnormal compared to other devices, which is why you see two kernel, stream writer & other such files & apps.
20th February 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Really? & just what command did you send using fastboot? Unless you have a magic kernel & bootloader, there is no fastboot access without passing the key. The way updates are performed on the KF HDX are fairly abnormal compared to other devices, which is why you see two kernel, stream writer & other such files & apps.

I used getvar, and it worked fine (but most the of parameters don't), boot and idme don't work because it's locked, and oem unlock doesn't exist. But what your saying is that I shouldn't even be able to do any of this?
31st July 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #6  

7 posts
i look at the picture and the kindle is not hdx.
i've searching for fastboot cable on ebay but didn't found, the cable only work for kindle HD
so for there is no fix for bricked kindle fire hdx
31st July 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #7  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 44

146 posts
You can turn HDX into fastboot mode by "adb reboot bootloader" if device is alive.
But you can not flash anything anyway - error "flash not allowed for locked hw".
Fastboot cable perfect fit to HDX too. But it turn device in Qloader for QPST.
1st August 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,472

1,302 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try "fastboot -i 0x1949 yourcommandhere"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread