I finally resolved my issue
Current situation: GPS fixes 8 satellites out of 25 even between high buildings.
Short solution: set the right CSC for your device.
Advice: Always set the right CSC for your device, even if you happen to mess with it (which is arguably your own right as you own the device...).
- Backup your data and your apps. During the procedure, the device !!!WILL PERFORM A FACTORY RESET!!!
- Root your device.
- Open a terminal emulator on the device.
- Type the following commands (let the terminal application gain root access when you get prompted):
# am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.android.Preconfig/com.sec.android.Preconfig.Preconfig
- You will get a window with a list of CSC codes. Select the one corresponding to your device and stock firmware, and push the button INSTALL.
- The device will reboot, and !!!WILL PERFORM A FACTORY RESET!!!
- That's all folks.
- (Now go mess up things again, and again...)