Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One hboot 1.57 s-off?

Tip us?

TheWear0497
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can help me please?
have Developer Edition
modelid: PN0712000
cid: BS_US001 cid please

akshayy29
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxas21 View Post
Hey, I recently bought a used HTC One, I am new to android and I read something about hboots. Everyone says that hboot 1.55 is supported and is most likely the lastest, but what should I do if my hboot is 1.57... The HTC One is clearly purchased from 3, was also locked to it. newest software and everything. Tried fireburn and htcdev.com methods, none of them worked. with htcdev.com method, I come as far as I am supposed to choose yes or no in my phone, but the problem is that nothing comes up, it stays at power+vol down mode. Can anyone help? I want to flash a custom rom and a kernel, also root. Don't judge me as a bad tech, I am into tech, but that hboot is kinda confusing as my only android device was samsung galaxy mini and now I came to HTC One, it's kinda difficult to get to know.
http://www.usoftphone.com/t200367.html try this ! I have no idea of it works !

yungwoogie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Have there been any updates?

Hi All, not a complaint at all, but just hoping that someone somewhere is still looking at this...

I have a Canadian Telus HTC One (M7) with HBoot 1.57. The only changes from stock are: unlocked bootloader (from HTCDev) and i put CWM recovery on there.

Firewater (which seems to be one of the more reliable ways of achieving s-off) gives me the "Whelp that sucks" message... dead end.

I downloaded Sunshine in hopes of achieving s-off, and that too says that i have an incompatible rom... also dead end

I really like this phone but I really hate the sense ui and was hoping to get the google edition on there (with OTAs).
... sadly, im getting the feeling that the m7 is a 'legacy' device and not many people are still actively trying to solve these types of problem.

Thanks!

P.S. In the event that I cannot get s-off and the GE with OTA, any suggestions on a lightweight, vanilla google-like rom for the m7 that preserves things like beats audio and still optimizes the camera?

KriBKriB
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I guess i was one of the lucky ones with hardware where Firewater works.

Got S-OFF on 1.57 HBOOT on HTC One M7 by doing the following

Installed CWM as recovery
Flashed cm-11-20140714-NIGHTLY-m7.zip
Ran Firewater, it gave the "somebody pissed in the firewater" message the first run.
Then I ran Rumrunner, but it failed completely.
Then I ran Firewater again and it succeeded after the seconed bottle.

PS: I did an ADB Reboot between all steps.

Swissh90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have hboot 1.57 and I'm on UK HG3 network and I have been trying various ROMS, Kernals and all sorts to get S-OFF and I have just managed to do it. I read on another post the it was psossibly Sence 6 that was stopping S-OFF

Here’s what I did:
I found a working download of ARHD 53.0 with Sense 5.5 installed it (thanks to google)
adb reboot
adb devices to make sure the phone was detected
then adb reboot and ran all the commands from the firewater website and BANG after the second bottle S-OFF!!!!!!

xtremedrunk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriBKriB View Post
I guess i was one of the lucky ones with hardware where Firewater works.

Got S-OFF on 1.57 HBOOT on HTC One M7 by doing the following

Installed CWM as recovery
Flashed cm-11-20140714-NIGHTLY-m7.zip
Ran Firewater, it gave the "somebody pissed in the firewater" message the first run.
Then I ran Rumrunner, but it failed completely.
Then I ran Firewater again and it succeeded after the seconed bottle.

PS: I did an ADB Reboot between all steps.
Thanks for the tip.
Have a Canadian Rogers HTC One back from repair. Used this as a guide and it worked on the first Firewater run (first bottle!).
Used the latest CM (cm-11-20140731-NIGHTLY-m7.zip) and enabled adb root access in settings once I did a basic setup of the phone.

Now to make it back into a Google Edition

ohredwood
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I also just got S-off tonight myself on Hboot 1.57.

It did not come without serious headache though. I had to sent my other Htc One back to Att due to the purple camera crap. They sent me a new one since my warranty was still good for another week. I got it rooted and unlocked but could not get s-off. I posted in another thread my continuous dots I was getting.

That was last weekend, so I read more today and thought I'll just download a cm nightly rom and cwm which seems like a combo that people say is working for them. So I did just that, well for some reasons, when I would run firewater, it was not happy with how I was rooted??? I finally gave up after several roms ahrd 53.0, cm nightly's, twrp, cwm, and said screw it, I'm gonna wipe this mother completely, so I wiped data, and then had to adb sideload the ahrd 53.0 to it. Once that was loaded, then I ran firewater again, this time it went further than it had ever done, it got to the second bottle and chugging, and then just hung there. So I rebooted adb, and tried it again, the next time it took 3 bottles but came back with S-off.

So the only thing I did differently that did work was I had done a wipe but not a full 100 percent wipe then sideload a rom. Hope that helps somebody who gets in a pinch.