Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4 ROOT] [BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit or Full Bootloader Unlock Droid Maxx

Tip us?

s_u_n
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty View Post
Did you tried with ultra or maxx?
I rooted my Maxx before the TowelPieRoot combo tool came out.
I used all three tools -Pie, MotoWpNoMo and TowelRoot - in that order to get persistent root.
----------------------------------------------
Motorola Defy, Xoom, Razr HD Maxx, Droid Maxx
LG Optimus Vu II F200 || Samsung Note 10.1 || Blackberry Playbook
Raspberry Pi with OpenElec 4 || Panasonic Plasma ST60 series

Fyrjammer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Just looking for root

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral777 View Post
yeah i was quite surprised we had root at all myself, and i just took the 4.4 update thinking id just try out stock for a while...but its just so limiting...

never updating again until im sure there is a root method...

a part of me wanted the latest android version as badly as i wanted root access, just wish verizon didn't have to make these things so difficult...why did such a great phone have to be a verizon exclusive?
I did same. I was looking for a way to root my Droid Maxx, but it seemed pretty bleak and it did the update. Fast forward 3 mo, phone broke (dropped it shattered screen). Ordered new phone. Now still looking for just to root. Don't care about the bootloader right now. I thought I found easy ADB method but it turned out that as I was clicking links, it was for the Samsung
Is there someone that can point the way to "rooting Droid Maxx"? Everywhere I try to search either leads to the Razr Maxx or Samsung

Droid Maxx
KK 4.4.4 Stock

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrjammer View Post
I did same. I was looking for a way to root my Droid Maxx, but it seemed pretty bleak and it did the update. Fast forward 3 mo, phone broke (dropped it shattered screen). Ordered new phone. Now still looking for just to root. Don't care about the bootloader right now. I thought I found easy ADB method but it turned out that as I was clicking links, it was for the Samsung
Is there someone that can point the way to "rooting Droid Maxx"? Everywhere I try to search either leads to the Razr Maxx or Samsung

Droid Maxx
KK 4.4.4 Stock
I am also stuck with no root on 444. Only solution is the unauthorised unlock.
It is not so bad see my "stuck with no root links"
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.