Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Firewater S-Off

Tip us?

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5726

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtgbln View Post
So let me get this straight. I just got a Verizon HTC One M8, installed WeakSauce and SuperSu, and according to Root Checker, I have root access (I'm assuming this is the temp root they talk about). Being with Verizon, the WeakSauce method is the only method available to me, and in order to install stock GPe on my device, I need to S-Off it using Firewater. However, Firewater keeps saying that it won't work because of my hardware. So I'm stuck with this bull**** Sense until Firewater fixes it, and I just have to keep trying? That is ****ed up.
Just couple of questions...

Why on earth did you bother getting an HTC phone if you hate sense so much?

Wouldn't it have been easier to get Nexus 5 or an Oppo instead?

Anyways, try Sunshine like suggested above. It will cost ya but you will get s-off for sure.

Sent from my baked potato with blue cheese
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue with Firmware 5.11.401.10 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running RenovateROM Sixth Sense 4.4.2 Nightly and Kangaroo Kernel 
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)

grtgbln
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, I didn't read all the posts and eventually found SunShine. I'm comfortably on stock now
And Verizon doesn't offer the Nexus 5. Had a Galaxy Nexus, would have been all over that. And Oppo costs too much unlocked.
I knew I was going to root the phone I got, so I looked purely at processor, camera, RAM, memory, and the look of the HTC One M8 is beautiful. And now, on stock, it's perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
Just couple of questions...

Why on earth did you bother getting an HTC phone if you hate sense so much?

Wouldn't it have been easier to get Nexus 5 or an Oppo instead?

Anyways, try Sunshine like suggested above. It will cost ya but you will get s-off for sure.

Sent from my baked potato with blue cheese
Tags
htc one, s-off