Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 43,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WIP Porting CM10 Discussion

Tip us?

Somebody123456
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Any more progress?

Somebody123456
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody123456 View Post
Any more progress?
I hope you guys are nearing a breakthrough! Maybe you guys can make a guide on how to port roms to our locked bootloaders!

Xt51
Old
Thanks Meter 0
man...i wish i could help with this..but i just recently erased linux from my pc...any possible way to do this in windows vista and i will gladly try to help!

kuma82
Old
(Last edited by kuma82; 30th July 2014 at 11:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artas182x View Post
We have cm10 based on stock kernel. You only need to copy modues, repack ramdisk to 2nd-init under linux and add all 2nd-init stuff.
Second harder way is to use new cm11 stuff revert some changes (follow git for cm 10.2 and 10.1) . Of course you will also need copy modules, add all stuff and repack ramdisk. Bur you will have even cm-10.1 build with working 1080p.
I only found cm10.1 not cm10 for p760
Cm10.1 is 4.2 I have issues with hwcomposer.

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kuma82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody123456 View Post
I hope you guys are nearing a breakthrough! Maybe you guys can make a guide on how to port roms to our locked bootloaders!
No progress, I recently took on a new position at the job and I need my phone for work.

TM25Xz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82 View Post
No progress, I recently took on a new position at the job and I need my phone for work.

keep wait...
can you help me find a rom i don't want to stock with stock rom 4.1.2 and locked bootloader

artas182x
Old
Thanks Meter 955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Hello. I can help you. You can build cm-10.2 using my cm11 sources; https://github.com/artas182x?tab=repositories
Use also kernel from my git (it is patched stock kernel). There will be bugs with sdcard and wifi but it should boot.
Download for all my projects: artas182x.tk

I stopped supporting my project on all boards. Use my wesbite to report bugs and comment.

If you want buy me a beer

My projects: ClockworkMod Recovery for L9 ICS/JB (Bootstrap) | Ubuntu Touch for L9 | L9 Rom tweaks | ExperiencedStock | ExperiencedKernel from ExperiencedSeries | CyanogenMod 11 for L9 Optimus L9

Press like : https://www.facebook.com/artas182x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artas182x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kuma82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artas182x View Post
Hello. I can help you. You can build cm-10.2 using my cm11 sources; https://github.com/artas182x?tab=repositories
Use also kernel from my git (it is patched stock kernel). There will be bugs with sdcard and wifi but it should boot.
Thanks for the help, but I don't have a big enough hard drive and good computer to build with. That's why I was looking for cm10 kernel that has a compatible hwcomposer.
I'll take a look at your kernel for sure though.

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
Depending on how much space is needed I may have room to make a build, at least I would once I clear my b2g sources off. 40ish GB. Never built android from scratch, only b2g but I believe my build environment is setup for it. @kuma82, if you need any ssh access just pm me and I'll set it up. I have a 1st gen i3 and 8gb of ram so its decent for compiling.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

artas182x
Old
Thanks Meter 955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the help, but I don't have a big enough hard drive and good computer to build with. That's why I was looking for cm10 kernel that has a compatible hwcomposer.
I'll take a look at your kernel for sure though.

Maybe use this tree: https://github.com/dhiru1602 It is more stable and easier to build.
Download for all my projects: artas182x.tk

I stopped supporting my project on all boards. Use my wesbite to report bugs and comment.

If you want buy me a beer

My projects: ClockworkMod Recovery for L9 ICS/JB (Bootstrap) | Ubuntu Touch for L9 | L9 Rom tweaks | ExperiencedStock | ExperiencedKernel from ExperiencedSeries | CyanogenMod 11 for L9 Optimus L9

Press like : https://www.facebook.com/artas182x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artas182x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]