Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod 11.0 for HTC One - m8

Tip us?

krazie1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderloinShadow View Post
So I see that a speakerphone fix was merged. I am so beyond excited. Will this work for the VZW M8? By that I mean will the fix for speakerphone work, I know the ROM is universal.

So damned pumped about flashing this. I've been waiting for an AOSP ROM with working speakerphone for so damn long.
Yes all AOSP roms are universal, one zip to rule them all

akabillybob
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I'm using verizon, and it works fine now. Volume seems low, but think with the upcoming audio fixes it might resolve that.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if you can change a setting to stop the phone from locking screen during a call? Screen off is fine, but locking it is frustrating.
Bill

sweetnsour
Old
Thanks Meter 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by akabillybob View Post
I'm using verizon, and it works fine now. Volume seems low, but think with the upcoming audio fixes it might resolve that.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if you can change a setting to stop the phone from locking screen during a call? Screen off is fine, but locking it is frustrating.
Bill
I'm assuming you are talking about taking a call while your phone was unlocked. If I remember correctly, that depends on the sleep timeout. So if you don't want it to lock, you need to set the timeout to something longer than the duration of your call. Of course, you don't know the duration of your call before you take it, but hopefully you get what I mean

I think that's how it works. Don't take my word for it, but give that a shot.

EDIT: On a sidenote, is anyone still experiencing corruption issues?

kickassdave
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaric View Post
So in the name of performance we've made cpu boost, kept 2 cores online, and now interactive is default. Grrr Cyanogen. Leave performance settings to the user.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Have to completely disagree sorry.

You'll find on most ROM threads that people just want a nice fast smooth UI first. Battery second.

If CM are putting some extra time in to making CM rival the sheer smoothness of a Sense ROM then that can't be a bad thing at all.

Your comments made me flash CM again lol and indeed it's incredibly smooth to use without overheating.

polaric
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave View Post

You'll find on most ROM threads that people just want a nice fast smooth UI first. Battery second.

If CM are putting some extra time in to making CM rival the sheer smoothness of a Sense ROM then that can't be a bad thing at all.

Your comments made me flash CM again lol and indeed it's incredibly smooth to use without overheating.

Maybe so, hopefully when L drops we'll get the best of both worlds.

Devices in use:
[Main Device] HTC One M8 (CM11)
[Dev Tablet] Nexus 10 (Personally built CM 11)
[Test Device] Nook Color (CM 10.2)

Want a fast easy Cyanogenmod Changelog app? Check out my CMLog app!

PerCompLLC
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderloinShadow View Post
So I see that a speakerphone fix was merged. I am so beyond excited. Will this work for the VZW M8? By that I mean will the fix for speakerphone work, I know the ROM is universal.

So damned pumped about flashing this. I've been waiting for an AOSP ROM with working speakerphone for so damn long.
Yes.
Retired: OG Droid, DX, Thunderbolt, Bionic, GNexus, SGS3
Current Device: VZW HTC One M8 / GPE
Twitter - @PerCompLLC

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by akabillybob View Post

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about taking a call while your phone was unlocked. If I remember correctly, that depends on the sleep timeout. So if you don't want it to lock, you need to set the timeout to something longer than the duration of your call. Of course, you don't know the duration of your call before you take it, but hopefully you get what I mean

I think that's how it works. Don't take my word for it, but give that a shot.

EDIT: On a sidenote, is anyone still experiencing corruption issues?
Phone shouldn't lock while in call, that's a bug.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave View Post

Em how often have you seen someone say is it smooth compared to how is battery life? For me I see battery more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darknites For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shu.
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites View Post

Em how often have you seen someone say is it smooth compared to how is battery life? For me I see battery more.

I second that... I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few frames per second for the sake of a better battery life.
Phones: Touch 3G, HD2, HD7, Galaxy S, Sensation, Galaxy Nexus, One X, Nexus 4, Lumia 720, HTC One, iPhone 5s, HTC One M8
Tablets: Asus TF300T, Microsoft Surface, Asus Nexus 7 (LTE), iPad Air