[Q] what is the best free backup programme to use?

Search This thread
Jul 27, 2014
Hi guys, i wanna perform a downgrade back to jellybean because kit kat really gets on my nerves for multiple reasons..
The reason i have not done this yet is purely because i dont want to lose anything i have on my phone, basically I'm looking for a backup programme which backs up absolutely everything i have on my internal storage, including 3rd party apps I've installed and set up, downloaded videos which are stored within apps and everything else pretty much THEN once I have performed the downgrade, to be able to just restore the backup and have my phone identical to how it is now only with jellybean instead of kitkat. Is this possible? Cheers in advance.

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
Titanium Backup is Good but sometimes gives errors.. I personally use Super Backup Pro it never fails very good for App and other items backup and restore

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: originaltanksta

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
This! Especially when switching ROMs often, you will find the added features from the pro version helpful.
I was greatful for being able to restore the device ID so apps would just work like before.

Very true, using the non pro version will work but it's a mundane task to have to allow and then install each and every app one after another, very useful if you plan on testing different roms with your apps, the automated process is so much quicker and it'll save you time.

Half way through installing 300+ apps you'll be thinking of that pro key.

Plus the do deserve your cash, amazing app titanium.

Reactions: originaltanksta
Jul 27, 2014
When looking into these backup apps including titanium it says I need to be rooted to use the features i want. I'm not rooted and dont really plan to be. It's a shame really because i moved over to android so i had more freedom and control over my device and at first I had as much control as i needed with jellybean (more is better obviously) but the kitkat update pretty much made every sd enabled phone into a poor device. Plus I find the wifi range is really bad on kitkat but jellybean had so much better range. My point is that it's annoying that i should have to root my phone to make it as i want it and be able to toy with the settings when really it should already either have these features or be better optimised. Now I'm wondering if i should just root my phone rather than downgrading it? If i root it can i tweak the wifi range? And can I allow my apps to have better access to my sd card? Also if i upgrade to 4.4.4 can i still root the phone after? Cheers

Jul 27, 2014
Fantastic help from you guys, much appreciated. It's good to actually be on a forum without morons! Lol

Ok so im now possibly leaning toward the rooting route.. Would you advise getting it done by someone in a shop or doing it myself? I'm pretty competent but if it's a risky process then I'd rather it be done properly! Are there any good tutorials for rooting from 4.4.4? Also does rooting wipe the phone memory? Cheers
And any app recommendations for rooted phones that allow me to sort out the sd access problems, also apps that allow me to tinker with my wifi range etc.. Just any good full customisation apps really so i can really get this phone as it should be!

Jul 27, 2014
Ok so just to be sure.. My phone is totally standard running standard 4.4.4, all I have to do is download and run the tool and my phone is rooted? I don't have to make any mods to my phone first to prepare for it?
I only ask because people mention locked and unlocked boot loaders, i dont know what they are! Or the difference between them.
Sorry for being a pain!

Top Liked Posts