[ROM][32A] CursorSense32A-1.2.6.1 - NOW CM UPDATER FRIENDLY! [01-30-10]

Search This thread

Gazorninplat

Sep 8, 2009
Edmonton
RE: force close issue:

I found a thread on android central about task killers and Hero. I'm too junior to post the link though but perhaps it's related?

------------------
Task Manager/Killer Users
As some of you know I've been working with HTC on some of the issues we've seen with the CDMA Hero.

If you're running any type of Task Manager/Killer it is highly recommended that you delete the program and allow Hero to manage the memory as its designed to do.

After almost a week sans Task Manager/Killer here is what we've found so far.

* The applications that automatically open themselves, no longer do so.
* My internal memory has increased from 83mb to a solid 105mb. With a Task Manager/Killer my memory would drop to below 40 on occasion.
* All lags are gone, phone is faster than ever.
* The weather disappearing from the clock/weather widget has stopped happening.
* The alarm now works without fail.

Once you delete the program, reboot your phone. If you want to do a comparison of your own, look at your internal memory before and after removal, watch it for a few days. Unless you have a ton of 3rd party applications installed you should see an increase in your available memory.
---------------------------

It seems this Rogers ROM inherited the brightness bug (widgets/profile managers can't change brightness) from Hero, so perhaps other oddities as well?

Can anyone recommend a program/widget to change brightness? I've tried a bunch from the market and they all change it only momentarily. It seems to be a common problem with Hero as well.

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I could swear Swype was working... I thought I tested it too.
I'll restore my NAND backup and try it on my phone.

I'll let you know soon.

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I think you need to extract libSwypeCore.so from the .apk and push it into /system/lib. That's what I did on CursorSense 1.2.0, at least, and it kind-of worked then.

1.2.1 has libSwypeCore.so included in /system/lib

I'm booting my phone right now, I'll know momentarily.

EDIT: Crap it doesn't work... I'll post a fix soon.

Last edited:

daandman

Aug 3, 2009
Ok, I just got my data back. Can I go back to another ROM now, or will I just lose my data again when Rogers does another check?

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
did you do a full wipe then install?

I have rebooted a few times and each time it gives me a pop that says "swype was not configured for this device" or something of that nature. it still shows the keybard, but no words appear in the text input.

Open an adb shell, navigate to /data/data
Find the swype folder and delete it 'rm -rf swype folder'
Then uninstall Swype, and install it from here:
http://www.zjtechlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Swype.apk_.zip
Rename the file to Swype.apk and install using adb install

pellen

Oct 29, 2009
Linköping
I too get the random FC loops that end with restarting the phone. First system crashes, then sense crashes.

I also got the full version of advanced task manager. I guess I'll uninstall and se if the random FC's dissapear.

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
I've been using a task killer application ever since i started using this rom. The only issues i had with it is that sense reloaded, but no force closes. I cant believe that it would be the cause now.

briggs81

Dec 27, 2007
Ontario, Canada

Top Liked Posts