Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in extreme power saving mode

Tip us?

Staatus_Quo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same issue, it's been over an hour stuck like this. I went in through the phone to settings down to the High Performance Mode and nothing. I tried Safe Mode, nothing. I went into the power settings through system settings and the extreme mode was grayed out as well. I can't do anything to get it working.

Any other ideas? HTC had no idea what I was talking about and told me to take it back to Sprint.

GXnext
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staatus_Quo View Post
I'm having the same issue, it's been over an hour stuck like this. I went in through the phone to settings down to the High Performance Mode and nothing. I tried Safe Mode, nothing. I went into the power settings through system settings and the extreme mode was grayed out as well. I can't do anything to get it working.

Any other ideas? HTC had no idea what I was talking about and told me to take it back to Sprint.
This thread saved my life! I hope this gets to HTC and this bug is fixed! It apparently has something to do with the extreme power saving mode replaceing your home screen, and not being able to find and set the defult home screen back be it blink feed, or google now launcher ect.

__Mike__
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Get the lastest software update to permanently fix this problem

I also ran into this problem, and was able to fix it permanently by updating the HTC software with the latest Sprint update. I got there by getting into the general setting by back-spacing while in the phone setting (it won't work for other settings). Now when in EPSM window the exit button works as intended (albeit a bit slowly)

rhe12
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXnext View Post
This thread saved my life! I hope this gets to HTC and this bug is fixed! It apparently has something to do with the extreme power saving mode replaceing your home screen, and not being able to find and set the defult home screen back be it blink feed, or google now launcher ect.
I turn the extreme power safe mode on every night when I go to bed, and disable it the next morning. I had been doing it without a problem for 2 months and this morning had this problem as well. And the funny thing is, BlinkFeed is not my home screen. Reboot, nothing. Forced reboot, nothing. Anyways, toggling the extreme power safe mode on and then off did the trick for me as well.
HTC One M8 1.54.651.10 stock ROM, HBOOT 3.16, RADIO 1.08.20.1612_4, TWRP 2.7.1.0, FireWater S-Off

drivel2787
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreDrennon1 View Post
Same thing happened to me I called HTC and we got it into safe mode and when I hit the home button extreme power saving mode pooped up as a homescreen/launcher along with blink feed and nova so I selected nova and no more issues

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have the AT&T M8 but I had this issue as well this morning and this thread saved me the headache of figuring it out. Just wanted to say thanks and that dreDrennon... Your POOPS are AWESOME! (read above)