App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Custom rom help

22nd April 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have a AT&T note 3. It had the jelly bean on it. Then it did the update and now has kitkat on it. I cant seem to get kingo root to root it now. So Id like to try a custom rom of kitkat that will work for at&t note 3. I see alot of instructions on these roms about upgrading from JB and from kitkat. Would I follow the instructions as if I am coming from kitkat and upgrading or should I use the JB instructions being my phone had JB but then did they system update to KK?
22nd April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 413

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately you can't do anything. The official kk release bootloader is locked down. Currently no root available. Please patently wait till you see a thread that says "root for kit Kat is here!"
22nd April 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

Unfortunately you can't do anything. The official kk release bootloader is locked down. Currently no root available. Please patently wait till you see a thread that says "root for kit Kat is here!"

Ok, what about flashing a custom kitkat rom to it? Or am I just screwed?
22nd April 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
For now you're out of luck. Someday we'll obtain access.
1st August 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
how about now? Some time has passed, is there a way?
1st August 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
The bootloader is still locked, but kit Kat has root access! Install towelroot to root your at&t note 3 running kit Kat. Then search the development section for what rom you desire and follow it's instructions. Generally you'll install superuser, safestrap, and busy box. Then please don't forget to BACKUP before installing custom rom to stock slot.

Start rooting your device here.
https://towelroot.com/
Click the Greek a looking symbol and download the app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread