Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to "UnBrick/Return to Stock" your Omate TrueSmart Watch x201

Tip us?

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 398
You have to uninstall all instances (sort by name) in order for it to work.
Click here to donate.

unirambler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
You have to uninstall all instances (sort by name) in order for it to work.
I went in to usbdeview and removed all instances of the MediaTek USB VCOM (Android) driver (using "Uninstall Selected Devices"). I don't know what else I need to remove. I get the same results every time - first a MediaTek VCOM driver is loaded and the flashtool downloads the DA, then I get the sound of a USB device being inserted and the MediaTek device disappears from device manager and it begins looking for a USB driver. The USB driver fails with no driver found and that ends everything.

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Then you should check your cradle pins or battery terminals for a solid connection. That's the only other issue I can think of.

If you have an extra cradle you can try this. A bad data stream will cause the same error.
Click here to donate.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuronosan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techknight180
Old
(Last edited by techknight180; 1st August 2014 at 08:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default re: 512/4 stock firmware

Disregard..I just updated to 0527 by flash instead.

I have the 512/4 EU model where the "secret code" "worked?!" for google play. Can someone upload the stock firmware with preloader and all. My backup was incomplete. The firmware posted here is for the US model.

Thanks!

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by techknight180 View Post
Disregard..I just updated to 0527 by flash instead.

I have the 512/4 EU model where the "secret code" "worked?!" for google play. Can someone upload the stock firmware with preloader and all. My backup was incomplete. The firmware posted here is for the US model.

Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz7s...p=docslist_api
Click here to donate.

unirambler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Then you should check your cradle pins or battery terminals for a solid connection. That's the only other issue I can think of.

If you have an extra cradle you can try this. A bad data stream will cause the same error.
Kuronosan - You da man! It's alive (mostly)! I'm not sure what exactly did it, but I tried changing everything - computer, battery, backup (I had made three of them), USB cable and cradle. I also checked the pins on the inside of the back cover and found that I could see indents for 3 of the pins on the connector in the watch but the 4th didn't seem to connect. So, I loosened the screws and tried holding the connector slightly different and re-tightening them. Anyway, it is now able to download successfully!

Now, the problem is that it is stuck at the boot screen (I tried two of my backups - one was of Loki's EnSec and it stops at the screen with the moving lines and the other is the stock 20140120 and it stops at the "Omate truesmart" screen). Any idea how to get past this? I've never worked with flashing ROMs at this level, so I don't even know how to troubleshoot it and will need to be pointed to good directions on what to do next.

Thanks!

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 398
What unit do you have again?
Click here to donate.

unirambler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What unit do you have again?
I have the US 1/8 1900 that came with 20140120 on it.

After I posted last, I tried a full backup that I had downloaded way back when I originally put on Loki's EnSec. This backup had cache and usrdata in it and my backups don't for some reason. After flashing that, it is all booting and working fine. I am wondering if I messed up the usrdata or cache partitions and that kept it from finishing the boot process.

So, one question, how do I get those partitions included when I make my own backup?

Anyway, again, thank you for all your help on this!

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Give me a little time and I'll link you to everything you need.
Click here to donate.

Tags
omate, unbrick, x201