Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Airplay fully working and Mirroring too.. AndroidApple Tv allinOne

Tip us?

bubble2
Old
(Last edited by bubble2; 27th May 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Smile Airplay fully working and Mirroring too.. AndroidApple Tv allinOne

airplay is working on the fire tv including mirror mode using AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ain.airplaydmr

I PAID FOR IT and then sideloaded it using root uninstaller on my phone to make a backup

launched app and made no changes to the default settings

it works perfect

note

the bbc iplayer works on my ipad too but you must enable mirror mode before playing a video the video then shows fullscreen

some times you may get audio and a black screen found if I hit home on the fire remote and then select airplay/mirror device again on ipad it plays perfect again
this black screen bug only happens in mirror mode a minor problem(just hit home and start again)

android and apple tv rolled in to one for an extra $4.90

bradr00lzd00d1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
So this is for mirroring your iPhone on the screen through the fire TV or can this mirror an android phone through the fire TV also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bubble2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
this is for iPhone/ipad ios airplay to the fire tv

not android screen mirroring

but there are some airplay type apps for music like doubletwist on android that could use this setup to play music/photos etc

but the mirroring is only for ios devices

bafangul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I like this app. The developer is very responsive if there are any problems. He has fixed 2 seperate issues for me, and usually responds quickly. I had installed this app when I first got my FTV. After a few days I started getting error messages because the app wasnt installed through the Google Play store. I emailed the developer and he fixed that for me within a day.

kario
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up AirBuddy for Airplay - music

Airbuddy from amazon' android appstore works great for music. Upgraded via inapp purchase - I primarily use it for music only.

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 59
How are these apps different than AllCast? I know one can cast an iDevice to your FTV but AllCast can do movies, photos & music right?

Wilhelmus81
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
How are these apps different than AllCast? I know one can cast an iDevice to your FTV but AllCast can do movies, photos & music right?
Well being able to use your iOS devices and mirror it on your TV can be very handy. (in example show Safari on the TV).

I downloaded (and paid!) the pro version from the app store, extracted the .apk and sidelined the app on the Fire TV. It works, that's really cool!!

WaxRain
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Red face Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmus81 View Post
Well being able to use your iOS devices and mirror it on your TV can be very handy. (in example show Safari on the TV).

I downloaded (and paid!) the pro version from the app store, extracted the .apk and sidelined the app on the Fire TV. It works, that's really cool!!
Dear,
Our app has been available on Fire TV app store now. In fact, you can directly purchase it there.

Mwc_Trexx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxRain View Post
Dear,
Our app has been available on Fire TV app store now. In fact, you can directly purchase it there.
I can attest that it works great and installs painlessly from the Amazon FireTV app store. WaxRain has provided great support on the application.