Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ND8 Battery Results

Tip us?

Curtis33
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've tried many different kernels, ROMs and apps. On ND8, so far the stock ROM has been best for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Robalboa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
I agree even a custom kernel undervolted wasn't as good as stock kernel

Nd8 deodexed Rooted and modded

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4587

I ended up with 2 days 6 hours on battery and 13 hours screen on... Stock rom, Ktoonz kernel... ND8 has been incredible all around

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/...psae07fa91.png

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flastnoles11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s9amme
Old
Thanks Meter 144
i have a stock battery. ND8 (odex/rooted) has been good so far. I've been running it for a week. My phone seems to sleep well and don't have wakelocks as much as before. Debloating your system really helps with that. I greenify'd everything I can except for a few messaging and tracking programs. I also have location off (wifi and gps), which helps save battery too. Typically, I get about an 1 hour to 1 hour 15 mins of screen time per 25% battery. When its been asleep for a few hours, BBS says the drain is about 1.5% per hour. I also have full bars where I am, the phone doesn't have to work so hard to maintain a cell signal.

I can't compare to stock MK3 since I haven't ran anything stock for longer than a few days except ND8. I was running MOAR most of the time.

i'll try to get some screen shots at the beginning and end of my day tomorrow.
Samsung Galaxy S3 | SPH-L710 (Ting!)
Stock ND8 (rooted + debloated)

Nexus 7 (2013) | FLO
SlimKat 5.6

poit
Old
Thanks Meter 491
For the first few weeks I was getting really poor battery life on ND8 and nothing I could do would make it any better. Then suddenly a few days ago it turned around and now I no longer have to plug the phone in mid-day any more. Right now I'm getting great battery life.
My best guess is that the original problem was an app the was misbehaving under KitKat that got updated, or maybe an update to Google services in the background.
Novatel Bagphone, Motorola Microtac, Qualcom Q-Phone, Motorola Startac, Sanyo MM-8100, Sanyo MM7400, Samsung A900 Blade, HTC Touch Pro 2, Sammy Epic 4G,

Currently Sammy Galaxy S III running Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2 because it's just that good. Knox don't scare me
Sprint SERO Premium 500
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s9amme
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Here's my ND8 stock (rooted) battery results using the stock battery. I've greenify'd almost all my apps and debloated samsung/sprint apps. Slow day at work, so I was on my phone a lot texting, social media, youtube, ect. I got 4 hours of screen time

Samsung Galaxy S3 | SPH-L710 (Ting!)
Stock ND8 (rooted + debloated)

Nexus 7 (2013) | FLO
SlimKat 5.6
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s9amme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirkdigles
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Today was a good day.

This is on the OEM battery that came with the phone when I bought it in December 2012 (and I bought it used!).

I'm running stock ND8, rooted & debloated myself, with ktoonsez TW4.4 kernel, balanced bull stock voltage profile:

Min freq all profiles: 378
Max freq all profiles: 1512

Screen-on governor: ktoonservative
Screen-off governor: Ondemand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-20-15-33.png
Views:	54
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	2866006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-20-15-39.png
Views:	57
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	2866007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-20-21-56.png
Views:	56
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	2866015  
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-L710 flashed to Page Plus
ROM: Stock ND8 Debloated
Kernel: Stock Unsecured
The Following User Says Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1352
No Greenify, DS Battery Saver or other micro managers. No undervolting, ktoonservative, 81-1536, fiops.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

ReapersDeath
Old
Thanks Meter 208
How are you guys getting such good results? I'm stock Rooted nd8 and only get like 9-10 hours, and screen on 2 hours 15 mins give or take. When I check Android system is taking a lot of power.. Double screen on