Flashing stock recovery to Homecare TN7

OP Freeje

30th July 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeje

Hi! How's the tablet going? Still running smooth?

Got the same Homecare model.. The pins of the micro USB port got broken and I sent it back for repair. I was surprised that they replaced the tablet. I tried upgrading the ROM to 4.3 but when it restarted I get an error message (red triangle). Tried to download the ROM 3-4 times but got the same error message. I'm thinking of doing the same thing as you did 'cause got tired of jumping through all those hoops to get the Chinese ROM replaced.

Hello Freeje.

The process described above (using the Advent VEGA ROM) works flawlessly. I tested it on 6 Homecare Tablets without any trouble.

In addition I did following:
0. Reflash the Advent VEGA ROM
1. Install all available OTA updates.
2. Use SuperTool (latest version) to install TWRP and root.
3. Use SUperTool (latest version) to install SDcard fix. Truly works compared to the official attempts.
3. Install Xposed framework.
4. Install GravityBox and tune the OS.

Result is NVIDIA Tegra Note 7 with Android 4.4.2, TWRP recovery, rooted, SD card working properly and the system is tuned. It works without any problems since June.

With non-stock-recovery you won't be able to install any new OTAs.

Jaro
31st July 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 1,949

930 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardam.cz

Hello Freeje.

The process described above (using the Advent VEGA ROM) works flawlessly. I tested it on 6 Homecare Tablets without any trouble.

In addition I did following:
0. Reflash the Advent VEGA ROM
1. Install all available OTA updates.
2. Use SuperTool (latest version) to install TWRP and root.
3. Use SUperTool (latest version) to install SDcard fix. Truly works compared to the official attempts.
3. Install Xposed framework.
4. Install GravityBox and tune the OS.

Result is NVIDIA Tegra Note 7 with Android 4.4.2, TWRP recovery, rooted, SD card working properly and the system is tuned. It works without any problems since June.

With non-stock-recovery you won't be able to install any new OTAs.

Jaro

Please dont give out false information
The latest TWRP recovery created by me allows installation of OTA provided it is stock ROM you have installed
31st July 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156

Please dont give out false information
The latest TWRP recovery created by me allows installation of OTA provided it is stock ROM you have installed

Hello Shaky.

I don't give false information. I said that one month ago I used the latest version of SuperTool (without mentioning the version number) to install TWRP and it does not allow to install OTA updates.

Is the new version which allows it past of the latest (up to this date) version of SuperTool?

Thanks for the notification though.
Jaro
2nd August 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #64  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

112 posts
Hi Jaro,

Did you install on a system with WIn8 or Win7. I have Win8 and it wont let me install the APX drivers. Will have to use one with Win7. How do you install the APX drivers one one with Win7?

Freeje
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread