Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bad call quality

Tip us?

d4p
Old
(Last edited by d4p; 30th July 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Try 17.1.2.A.0.314

Version 17.1.2.A.0.314 has fixed the voice call quality issues for me (eg. muffled sound on speakerphone/microphone). It's still worse than my old HTC Sensation a bit, but much better than before.

I've read lot of reviews before bought, lot of them stated sound quality is excellent, I was very disappointed on my first call. Those people are deaf..?

HugePotato
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am on 314 and my girlfriend says the sound is muffled and she can't understand me when I talk. 15 seconds later everything is back to normal. I am sorry but what the **** is wrong with Sony. It is beyond me how company this big can put out such overbugged smartphone on the market. As much as I love this phone overall, I am starting to regret that I didn't get plastic Samsung that would at least work as intended...

Cloudsev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugePotato View Post
I am on 314 and my girlfriend says the sound is muffled and she can't understand me when I talk. 15 seconds later everything is back to normal. I am sorry but what the **** is wrong with Sony. It is beyond me how company this big can put out such overbugged smartphone on the market. As much as I love this phone overall, I am starting to regret that I didn't get plastic Samsung that would at least work as intended...
I bought this phone in the second hand market 2 weeks ago and I'm just having the same problem, it's crazy. They said the last firmware (314) would fix this. PC Companion didn't show any updates, so I needed to flash the phone (with somebody else's firmware) and then fix the phone again with PC Companion (so that the 314 firmware could be downloaded from sony servers?). After doing all this, people are telling me that in general they're hearing me good, but a few ones have told me that they don't hear me quite well, so I don't know if the problem has been fixed or not. Anyway, I can't believe sony doesn't offer a real solution for people who has just paid a lot of money for this phone.

HugePotato
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsev View Post
I bought this phone in the second hand market 2 weeks ago and I'm just having the same problem, it's crazy. They said the last firmware (314) would fix this. PC Companion didn't show any updates, so I needed to flash the phone (with somebody else's firmware) and then fix the phone again with PC Companion (so that the 314 firmware could be downloaded from sony servers?). After doing all this, people are telling me that in general they're hearing me good, but a few ones have told me that they don't hear me quite well, so I don't know if the problem has been fixed or not. Anyway, I can't believe sony doesn't offer a real solution for people who has just paid a lot of money for this phone.
I for one deactivated noise cancelling option in the Call settings in phone settings. At least now my girlfriend can hear me well, I don't have to hold my phone tightly near my ear and talk loudly to microphone. It's dissappointing tho since I have been using S3 which too had NC in call and it worked very well. I hope next firmware update will solve this, as well as many other bugs like low volume notifications...

Cloudsev
Old
(Last edited by Cloudsev; 1st August 2014 at 11:06 AM.) Reason: bad typping
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugePotato View Post
I for one deactivated noise cancelling option in the Call settings in phone settings. At least now my girlfriend can hear me well, I don't have to hold my phone tightly near my ear and talk loudly to microphone. It's dissappointing tho since I have been using S3 which too had NC in call and it worked very well. I hope next firmware update will solve this, as well as many other bugs like low volume notifications...
I have that option deactivated as well. Now it's as you say, in general people tell me they can hear me, but it should be better than that for a phone which costs 630. I had an S3 as well! And it's like you say, alright, this one might be a great device but at least the S3 was really good for calling (which actually is the main purpose)...

nadimsoze
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Same here. Deactivated nice m noise cancellation. I'm on .402

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk