Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ND8 Battery Results

Tip us?

ReapersDeath
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Custom ROMs & custom kernels/governors, & lowering the minimum frequency of the CPU. Check my signature. Based on ND8 but stripped of Samsung bloat. I've used Greenify and DS Battery Saver in the past, too, but sometimes it's good to take a step back and minimize the micro managing. This time around I've also only been restoring apps through Titanium Backup as I need them, so absolutely only apps I use are installed.

Also, do you turn off WIFI, mobile data, GPS, & Bluetooth when not using them?

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Well, I'm in airplane mode all the time, GPS never on, mobile data never on. Only wifi with strong signal. Tried the nd8 debloater and it didn't remove much at all. I can't use titanium backup for some reason. Keep getting insufficient storage space error no matter how many times I wipe it and uninstall it and reinstall it. Like for 5 minutes it's okay then insufficient storage space on any backup I do.. Yet more than 8gb free

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath View Post
Well, I'm in airplane mode all the time, GPS never on, mobile data never on. Only wifi with strong signal. Tried the nd8 debloater and it didn't remove much at all. I can't use titanium backup for some reason. Keep getting insufficient storage space error no matter how many times I wipe it and uninstall it and reinstall it. Like for 5 minutes it's okay then insufficient storage space on any backup I do.. Yet more than 8gb free
That's because stock KitKat changes how apps get permission to access your storage and TB hasn't been updated for the new way. Look for the KitKat SD Fix in the Play Store, or I think just a custom kernel will fix it, or just flash a custom ROM, which will already include a custom kernel and any applicable other fixes for that. We all had that problem when we first got stock KitKat.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.