[Q] Stuck in download mode.

Search This thread

USMC-rah

Jul 8, 2012
My tab 10.5 got stuck in download mode. I was trying to use JOdin, being that i'm on a mac.

I booted the tab into recovery via terminal and then attempted to use JOdin.

Once I started, I got an error saying I needed a PIT file, so it told me to restart my tablet and try again, the problem is, I cant restart it.
its stuck in download and I cant pop the battery out, of course.

win81-64

Aug 2, 2014
I don't know the answer myself but maybe someone will help. I wonder what happens if the tablet is left on to let the battery run out. When it runs out and is recharged again and you power it on will it start at the boot screen and allow you to get into download mode or continue being stuck?

Someone else on these forums said to hold the POWER button, VOL - button and HOME together to exit download mode... for about 8 to 10 seconds. Does that work for you or is it completely stuck?

pibach

Jul 22, 2007
Berlin
Someone else on these forums said to hold the POWER button, VOL - button and HOME together to exit download mode... for about 8 to 10 seconds. Does that work for you or is it completely stuck?

For me it worked, i.e. it ends Download Mode. But it reboots rhight away again into Download Mode. So the only way to get out of it is to flash using Odin.

I think it is caused bei Knox. You can one-click-disable Knox bei SuperSu App.

Before knowing the key combination, I did a full run down in Download Mode. Took approx 30h from 80% charge.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
It rebooted to download mode because you used the key combo to reboot back to download mode.
Next time to reset the device hold POWER + VOL DOWN only.
No idea why people keep posting the wrong key combo for reset, I've posted it a thousand times already. :confused:

penguinjoe

Mar 16, 2012
Toronto
It rebooted to download mode because you used the key combo to reboot back to download mode.
No idea why people keep posting the wrong key combo for reset, I've posted it a thousand times already. :confused:

Probably because you are the only one in this thread that provided a key combination for reset mode (as opposed to download or recovery mode) and nobody here has seen your other posts.

As an aside my tablet would not reboot at all with anything but POWER + VOL DOWN (no HOME) - mine is a Tab S2.
If you are used to using the phones, most of the older ones you can simply pop the battery out if you get stuck - no need for a forced reboot. That ain't so easy with their tablets.

Last edited:

Tchk856

Jun 11, 2015
I had same exact problem with tablet getting stuck saying getting pit file, I made a new admin account and used a different USB
Port and had no problems after that. So I would say its def your operating system. I would try using a live CD of Ubuntu if you don't wanna
Change your os. I'm pretty sure your tablet is fine mine got stuck at that point like 10 times and I reset it with key combo with no I'll effects.
Key combos
Reset: power + volume down
Download mode: power+ volume down+home
Recovery: power+volume down + home, then when screen goes black release volume down and hold volume up until recovery starts

Also just to clarify, volume down is the button closest to the power button

Reactions: cbletz

rinti1983

Aug 11, 2017
Galaxy Tab A

My one is Galaxy Tab A, I have tried all you have suggested (Volume down + Power / Volume down + power + home) many times but no luck. Please help

It is showing:
Odin Mode
Product Name: SM-T355C
System Status: Custom
Warranty Void: 0x1 (4)
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, H1, R1, A1, P1
Secure Download: ENABLE

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
My one is Galaxy Tab A, I have tried all you have suggested (Volume down + Power / Volume down + power + home) many times but no luck. Please help

It is showing:
Odin Mode
Product Name: SM-T355C
System Status: Custom
Warranty Void: 0x1 (4)
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, H1, R1, A1, P1
Secure Download: ENABLE
What are you aiming to do?

rinti1983

Aug 11, 2017
Actually it was bought from China and as usual, no google services were working. Later I tried to root the TAB and it worked. Later I downloaded another beta rom from the internet and tried to deploy it. Since then it stuck on that screen, not booting fully.

Now please help me to boot the TAB, as it is stuck in ODIN mode. I tried all suggested way (Volume down + power button / volume down + power + home button) but no change. It is not booting, nor even shutting down.

Please help.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Actually it was bought from China and as usual, no google services were working. Later I tried to root the TAB and it worked. Later I downloaded another beta rom from the internet and tried to deploy it. Since then it stuck on that screen, not booting fully.

Now please help me to boot the TAB, as it is stuck in ODIN mode. I tried all suggested way (Volume down + power button / volume down + power + home button) but no change. It is not booting, nor even shutting down.

Please help.
So basically you need to install the stock firmware.
I suggest you find the Hong Kong firmware as this is usually compatible with the Chinese models plus it includes GAPPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know the answer myself but maybe someone will help. I wonder what happens if the tablet is left on to let the battery run out. When it runs out and is recharged again and you power it on will it start at the boot screen and allow you to get into download mode or continue being stuck?

just press the download mode button combination... in the start of the download mode it will ask you a question to press down to cancel (reboot to system) or press up to enter download mode.... just press down... your device will reboot.
    I had same exact problem with tablet getting stuck saying getting pit file, I made a new admin account and used a different USB
    Port and had no problems after that. So I would say its def your operating system. I would try using a live CD of Ubuntu if you don't wanna
    Change your os. I'm pretty sure your tablet is fine mine got stuck at that point like 10 times and I reset it with key combo with no I'll effects.
    Key combos
    Reset: power + volume down
    Download mode: power+ volume down+home
    Recovery: power+volume down + home, then when screen goes black release volume down and hold volume up until recovery starts

Also just to clarify, volume down is the button closest to the power button