Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[IMP][ZU_GPe][How-To] Restore to original Google Play Edition firmware!

Tip us?

geeyoupee
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1 View Post
You need to be on custom recovery and you need to make sure that the ROM file's updater script says that it is for the model that the recovery states it is.

You want me to put the hammer down?
Yeah I have a custom recovery.

How does one change the rom file's updater script?

I was able to open the updater-script but not sure exactly what to change.

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4,916
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoupee View Post

Yeah I have a custom recovery.

How does one change the rom file's updater script?

I was able to open the updater-script but not sure exactly what to change.
It isn't as much as you needing to change it. I guess I should have started with a question... What kind of error are you seeing when you try to flash stock?

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

HTC One (M8)
ROM: Stock, unrooted (1.57.531.7)
Radio: 1.16.21331931
HBOOT: Locked (S-ON)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue

geeyoupee
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1 View Post
It isn't as much as you needing to change it. I guess I should have started with a question... What kind of error are you seeing when you try to flash stock?

I copied the error from a previous post. Not sure about the dates but the error is the same.

"Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (Mon May 12 11:10:10 CEST 2014)"

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoupee View Post
I copied the error from a previous post. Not sure about the dates but the error is the same.

"Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (Mon May 12 11:10:10 CEST 2014)"
There is a thread in either Q&A or General that has the steps need to be done to get the Google 4.4.2 zip to flash from a custom recovery

Boils down to having to remove the top line or two that do the checks on the date, and maybe the line that checks the model. Don't extract the zip, use 7zip or the like to edit it, and I think all line endings have to be unix (shouldn't be a problem if you are just deleting lines)
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

geeyoupee
Old
(Last edited by geeyoupee; 3rd August 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
There is a thread in either Q&A or General that has the steps need to be done to get the Google 4.4.2 zip to flash from a custom recovery

Boils down to having to remove the top line or two that do the checks on the date, and maybe the line that checks the model. Don't extract the zip, use 7zip or the like to edit it, and I think all line endings have to be unix (shouldn't be a problem if you are just deleting lines)
Awesome It was buried but I was able to find it.

Had to make one change through. Changed C6806 to togari_gpe.

I copied and posted below in case someone needs it.

From user prohan:
1. Download 4.4.2 OTA zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574264
2. Open the ZIP with 7zip (don't extract)
3. Edit META-INF\com\google\android
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalmikey View Post
Step 4 I deleted the version check (!less_than_int(1386681473, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");

and changed C6806 to togari
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6806" || abort("This package is for \"C6806\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Then I simply flashed the modified OTA zip with CWM followed by Superuser. Reboot to bootloader and flash Advance Stock Kernel to regain custom recovery.

Now I am back to 4.4.2 with a working camera and the erratic external SD writes.
The Following User Says Thank You to geeyoupee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]