[KERNEL][N4] inception.kernel - r10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HiM@L

Nov 5, 2010
just letting you know...
i like ur concept of keeping it simple....was using this with purity. but as u have stated it only works with stock 4.4.4 i guess..i get random reboots with purity after flashing on Purity....stock settings.
anyways..keep up the good work :good:

oliver7

Sep 19, 2008
Hamburg
r7 kicked some kinda ass, i dont really understand why there's some kind of a downgrade with r8. is it? that's how it sounds. didnt try it yet. just wondering.

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
just letting you know...
i like ur concept of keeping it simple....was using this with purity. but as u have stated it only works with stock 4.4.4 i guess..i get random reboots with purity after flashing on Purity....stock settings.
anyways..keep up the good work :good:

Yes, i build kernel's especially for stock 4.4.4. This kernel may or may not work on custom rom's or L-preview. Don't ask me why you because i don't know the answer.
Here are the 2 things you should remember
If it works - congrats
If it doesn't - sorry

Give me some more information about these random reboots, i can help you

Reactions: Walterwhite007

HiM@L

Nov 5, 2010
Yes, i build kernel's especially for stock 4.4.4. This kernel may or may not work on custom rom's or L-preview. Don't ask me why you because i don't know the answer.
Here are the 2 things you should remember
If it works - congrats
If it doesn't - sorry

Give me some more information about these random reboots, i can help you

ya...thanks for ur consideration... its just that as soon as i flash the kernel...after a while phone just reboots... like it has been UV.
anyways, i will try to get log...i dont carry the phone my girl does.
anyways thanks.

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
Ehm... Sorry to bother and asking again, but i can't find previous version of this kernel... If kindly someone attach it here, or PM me a download link, i'll be grateful :) i just think... If anyone has to downgrade because of any reason, he can't this way. I don't understand why all previous versions were removed... All other developers mantain all versions uploaded... Just thinking, i don't want to offend or irritate anyone

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
Ehm... Sorry to bother and asking again, but i can't find previous version of this kernel... If kindly someone attach it here, or PM me a download link, i'll be grateful :) i just think... If anyone has to downgrade because of any reason, he can't this way. I don't understand why all previous versions were removed... All other developers mantain all versions uploaded... Just thinking, i don't want to offend or irritate anyone

I personally think r8 provides better battery and performance than previous versions. So, I removed them.
All users like to flash the new version but why u asking old versions bro?

EDIT: Attached the file. Enjoy

Attachments

• Inception.kernel-nightly-R7.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Walterwhite007

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
Uploaded inception R9 bro's. Go flash that badboy now :silly:

Changelog:
  • Several optimizations and tweaks for ROW i/o. Set as default
    Latest sound control patches from faux
    Latest intelli_plug patches from faux
    Update F2FS with all latest tweaks
    Kernel boots with 4 cores always online at 1026mhz frequency. Try it and report if it's good or bad
    Some other sched patches

GruZone

Dec 26, 2012
Ashkelon
Hey @aviz1911
Wondering why you dont support CM based ROMs, i use beanstalk and crDroid (default) and would really like to use this kernel.
Any chance seeing CM support soon? Does it suit your agenda?

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
Sorry aviz if i bothered you i asked r7 because i use always the ondemandplus or lazy governor if they are present. Ondemand on any kernel drains quickly my damaged battery and so interactive. Actually your kernel doesn't drain my battery so fast and my N4 flies with it. Thank you for this again ')

Reactions: aviz1911

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
Hey @aviz1911
Wondering why you dont support CM based ROMs, i use beanstalk and crDroid (default) and would really like to use this kernel.
Any chance seeing CM support soon? Does it suit your agenda?

I can't maintain 2 versions for every release. I'm too lazy to do that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
Sorry aviz if i bothered you i asked r7 because i use always the ondemandplus or lazy governor if they are present. Ondemand on any kernel drains quickly my damaged battery and so interactive. Actually your kernel doesn't drain my battery so fast and my N4 flies with it. Thank you for this again ')

No problem mate :)

oliver7

Sep 19, 2008
Hamburg
my settings/r9: the only cpu gov which is lag free for me (using gnl/xposed/xgels/unicon) is 'performance'. i kept 'row' scheduler (should i use 'deadline'?). gpu: 'performance' 320mhz. Hotplug: Intelliplug/balanced, tcp: westwood.

Last edited:

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
my settings/r9: the only cpu gov which is lag free for me (using gnl/xposed/xgels/unicon) is 'performance'. i kept 'row' scheduler (should i use 'deadline'?). gpu: 'performance' 320mhz. Hotplug: Intelliplug/balanced, tcp: westwood.

My recommended settings for you are:
CPU governor - performance - min(384) - max(1512)
GPU governor - performance - min(128) - max(400)
HOTPLUG - msm_hotplug with 4 cores always online

Thanks for posting your optimal battery life/"PERFORMANCE" settings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, here is inception.kernel
    I will never go on chasing issues. If this kernel works for you It's good, If it doesn't I'm sorry

Download:
    4.4.4 AOSP: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112651165
    L-preview: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112651164

Source:
    https://github.com/aviz1911/kernel

How to flash the kernel:
    Dirty flash your ROM and flash inception or just flash it

Things you should not ask:
    - Lower CPU frequencies (minimum is 384MHz)
    - Stupid governors
    - CPU and GPU overclocks
    - Support for older android versions
    - Support for CM rom's

Inception changelog:
    http://pastebin.com/mDS21y7e

Read this
    Q. This kernel is not working on CM based rom's ?
    A. I compile kernels which work on AOSP - to be precise on 4.4.4 STOCK ROM. They may or may not work on Custom rom's
    Q. I flashed this on xyz custom rom and i had many reboots ?
    A. I test inception.kernel on stock 4.4.4 rom. Don't bother posting the issues you got flashing this on custom rom's - i will ignore you
    Q. Flashed your kernel and it's a BOOTLOOP ?
    A. That means you did not read the instructions on how to flash this kernel from the OP correctly. Deal with it
    Q. Battery life suckSSS with this kernel
    A. I don't build kernel's that kills your battery. Install wakelock detector and see the god-damn app's which drain the battery
    Q. Some features are missing in the latest inception.kernel which are present in the old versions
    A. Check the changelog and feature list. If the feature you were looking for is not there, then i removed it
    Q. I don't like your reply, i'll report on xda and complaint to the police
    A. Do what ever the want. I'm GOD
    Q. Does this kernel have features like DT2W, s2s, Touch wake ?
    A. Yes, this kernel have all those features and you can use trickster or synapse to activate them
    Q. How can i activate Double tap 2 wake profiles ?
    A. TricksterMOD supports multiple values for dt2w, let's put it to use - credits: @savoca
    1 - (Semaphore Stock) Center wake zone
    2 - Full wake zone
    3 - Bottom half of screen wake zone
    4 - Top half of screen wake zone
    So how's everyone doing here ?? Hope everything is fine :D

If not fine here's Inception kernel R4 version for you.

Changelog:

Inception kernel r4:

Code:
     Add back original IO/TCP
    --- Add ROW IOSched
    --- Add Sweep2Dim, Sweep2Sleep( Bidirectional )
    --- Added stockdemandPLUS cpu governor
    --- Implement Linaro's Power-Efficient Workqueue
    --- Added exFat support
    --- FRandom - Enabled by default
    --- Bring back ECO mode - Enable it in Trickster mod app
    --- Add LZ4 compression/decompression
    --- Heavy Ramdisk customization's.

INCEPTION KERNEL R4

NOTE: If coming from another kernel make sure you flash STOCK 4.4.4 KERNEL first because this version have heavy Ramdisk modifications. If on inception before FINE just flash on it.

IMPORTANT THING: From this version there is no need to install Semaphore kernel manager app to control the features like Double tap 2 wake, Touch wake etc etc You can control them in Trickster mod application.

MISC NOTE: This may or may not work on Android L - Previous inception kernel worked on L but i cannot guarantee you from this version( R4 ). So if it doesn't work don't shout here.

Thanks for the appreciation. This is what i want and This is what makes me to build more awesome stuff :D
    Calling all Flashy freaks !! Calling all Flashy freaks !!

You know what ?? Inception kernel R6 is here and i bet this one is Gorgeous :D

Changelog:
    Code:
    Fixed a bug regarding DT2W. Thanks [user=4316709]@savoca[/user]
    Added GPU Overclock support, OC upto 487mhz( boots on 400mhz )
    Added CPU Overclock support, OC upto 1.9ghz( boots on 1.5ghz )
    Added Ultra low 81mhz frequency step
    Using higher bus speed at lower CPU freqs
    Removed default Slimbus drivers and added Qualcomm Slimbus driver( latest version )
    Several writeback, Sync, Freezer optimizations
    Tons of msm_kgsl bug fixes and optimizations
    Added all the disabled governors back. Default is still interactiveX

INCEPTION KERNEL NIGHTLY R6
    Hey everyone,
    Inception kernel r3

Changelog:
    Code:
    Linux kernel 3.4.99 
    --- Added 192mhz frequency step for better battery savings
    --- Some stockdemand tweaks - Enabled by default
    --- Added InteractiveX - Heavily tweaked
    --- Intelliplug is the CEO of Inception kernel
    --- msm_camera bug fixes and patches
    --- Some deadline I/O tweaks
    --- Several work-queue, Scheduler patches
    --- Several build optimizations and Under the HOOD tweaks

Download link

Inception r2 is downloaded for 200+ times :D and "Thanks" and "Rate this thread" are FREE. Please use them

Thanks
    My Internet Service Provider was like "Ahh, lets give aviz1911 an INTERNET blackout for 20 hours and see what he will do"
    I was like "Oh god, people are thinking AOSP version as L-preview version and flashing that. I don't have internet to update the OP"

Here is INCEPTION KERNEL NIGHTLY R6 L-PREVIEW

Changelog is same as R6 AOSP version, but some people here are blind and dumb to Check or Search that.
    So here's the changelog again
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]THIS IS ONLY FOR L-PREVIEW[/COLOR]
    Fixed a bug regarding DT2W. Thanks @savoca
    Added GPU Overclock support, OC upto 487mhz( boots on 400mhz )
    Added CPU Overclock support, OC upto 1.9ghz( boots on 1.5ghz )
    Added Ultra low 81mhz frequency step
    Using higher bus speed at lower CPU freqs
    Removed default Slimbus drivers and added Qualcomm Slimbus driver( latest version )
    Several writeback, Sync, Freezer optimizations
    Tons of msm_kgsl bug fixes and optimizations
    Added all the disabled governors back. Default is still interactiveX

If you have any issues with the kernel, Check if everything is perfect on your side like ROM, GAPPS, APPS that drain your battery etc.
    If everything is perfect and you are sure it's a KERNEL related issue POST THE ISSUE WITH A LOGCAT and i'll check it.

If you don't like this kernel and think this kernel lacks features "Don't flash the kernel, I'll be happy"
    If you don't like my reply PM me i'll give you my address and you can KILL ME

If you like this kernel and think My work is worth a THANKS OR APPRECIATION feel free to PRESS IT OR POST IT :D