XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Samsung s3 mini blocked afrter failed root

OP WildDorian27

17th June 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi, after a failed rooting my s3 blocked, i tryed to put on the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV (i'm from italy), but now is blocked on the Samsung logo. Also when i go in download mode it says
Odin mode
Product name : GT-I8190
Custom binary donwload : YES (17 counts) (ye i tryed 17 times to fix it)
Current binary : custom
System status : Official
So i have some questions : Can i send it to assistance and they can repair it (with warranty)? , should i try to re download the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV file? ( i tryed with 3 versions of odin, with 2 of them it says : failed, with the newest it says : pass but it blocks on Samsung logo)
Or there is something other that i can do?
(sry bad english)
17th June 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #2  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,262
 
1,982 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Are you flashing a i9300 firmware to a i8190?
No wonder why it doesn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #3  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 197
 
774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

Are you flashing a i9300 firmware to a i8190?
No wonder why it doesn't work.

+1 Just find the ROM you want to install here http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...evice=GT-I8190 then download and flash this http://download.chainfire.eu/448/Sup...SU-v1.99r5.zip and finally go and install this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu (or update if you have it installed after you flash the file above). I can root any phone with this simple method

NOTE : It doesn't matter which country you're from, you can flash any firmware you like, so why not be it the latest one available for your device (ANF3 at the moment)? You can still change language to Italian after flashing so there's really no difference between regions
Last edited by koragg97; 17th June 2014 at 08:26 PM.
19th June 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDorian27

Hi, after a failed rooting my s3 blocked, i tryed to put on the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV (i'm from italy), but now is blocked on the Samsung logo. Also when i go in download mode it says
Odin mode
Product name : GT-I8190
Custom binary donwload : YES (17 counts) (ye i tryed 17 times to fix it)
Current binary : custom
System status : Official
So i have some questions : Can i send it to assistance and they can repair it (with warranty)? , should i try to re download the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV file? ( i tryed with 3 versions of odin, with 2 of them it says : failed, with the newest it says : pass but it blocks on Samsung logo)
Or there is something other that i can do?
(sry bad english)


you tried i9300 firmware that is wrong, you should i8190 format
2nd August 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

+1 Just find the ROM you want to install then download and flash this UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r5.zip and finally go and install this eu.chainfire.supersu (or update if you have it installed after you flash the file above). I can root any phone with this simple method

NOTE : It doesn't matter which country you're from, you can flash any firmware you like, so why not be it the latest one available for your device (ANF3 at the moment)? You can still change language to Italian after flashing so there's really no difference between regions

I've never rooted a phone so I was just wondering how to do it like this? I've read some guides but it's really unclear still, one that I tried simply didn't work (the one where you flash CWR with Odin as the first step). Can you/someone tell me how to do this exactly, please? This is what I'm thinking atm:

1) If I already have the latest version I'm happy with, do I still need to download that version again or can I just go ahead with the SuperSU flashing part?

2) How do I in practice flash the SuperSU zip file? I currently have Odin v.3.0.7 and Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my PC. Thanks for any help!
3rd August 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #6  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 197
 
774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanhia

I've never rooted a phone so I was just wondering how to do it like this? I've read some guides but it's really unclear still, one that I tried simply didn't work (the one where you flash CWR with Odin as the first step). Can you/someone tell me how to do this exactly, please? This is what I'm thinking atm:

1) If I already have the latest version I'm happy with, do I still need to download that version again or can I just go ahead with the SuperSU flashing part?

2) How do I in practice flash the SuperSU zip file? I currently have Odin v.3.0.7 and Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my PC. Thanks for any help!

If you don't have the latest firmware on your phone, download it from the link I gave (it's a .md5 file). Now go to Developer Options in your phone's settings and tick USB Debugging. Power off your phone. After that enter download mode on your phone by pressing power+volume down+home button while turning it on. You'll see a big message on your screen saying "Downloading, don't unplug target". Now plug your s3 mini into the pc and start Odin. Select PDA and find the .md5 file from before. Make sure that f.reset time and re-partition are unchecked and then press start. Once it's done odin will say "pass" and your phone will reboot. Congrats, you now have the latest firmware on your s3 mini

Now in order to root it, you need a custom recovery so let's go
On Google search "TWRP 2.7.1.1 Android-Andi xda" and download it from the attachments of his post (it's a .md5 file again). Again turn off the phone and enter Download Mode like before. Now do the same steps with Odin as the first time (with the firmware), but this time select the TWRP.md5 file instead of the firmware one in PDA section of Odin. Make sure all the options on the left are ticked/unticked exactly like the first time and hit Start. The "Pass" message should be displayed and the phone should reboot.
Congrats, you now have the latest TWRP Recovery on your s3 mini

And the last step - rooting it
Download the SuperSU.zip from the link in my post and copy it to your device's memory (internal or external). Now in order to enter Recovery Mode you need to turn off your phone and turn it back on by holding the power+volume up+home buttons until you see a "TeamWin" message on your screen. This recovery is touch based so just select install, choose the SuperSU.zip file and flash it. Reboot the phone.
Now you're rooted and on the latest firmware arty:

For future updates do the same. Just change the firmware .md5 file with the latest one available. The rest is the same xD

Man, I got tired ...

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

For future updates do the same. Just change the firmware .md5 file with the latest one available. The rest is the same xD

Man, I got tired ...

Thankd! Bookmarking for sure for future reference!
3rd August 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #8  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 197
 
774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanhia

Thankd! Bookmarking for sure for future reference!

:thumbup:

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes