[Q] HTC Desire 500 Dual Sim Unable to boot after CWM

Search This thread

subratamm

Oct 28, 2007
Chittagong
www.SubrataTele.com
Almost same situation with my phone, i know CWM can not charge my phone which is cause Orange LED.but my battery has 70/80% Charge with my battery i can turn on another Desire500 Dual sim, but with another battery my phone wont turn on. sometime it turns on automatically.

I can not access any mode by pressing any key. not even power up when i need or want. what to do guyz ?

hamedkh

Jul 12, 2014
help me solve these problems

hi guys.
i ve got a htc desire 500,single sim, sv:1.20
yesterday i tried to root it.i first unlocked it in htcdev and continue rooting steps according to the video was recomended in the forum ,in youtube by extremehightech. after i finished the steps, there was a super su in my menu but it didnt work. it said :the su binary needs to be updated.continue?. and with continuing, phone restarts and nothing happens.
i think my phone didnt root at all. its just unlocked. NOW some questions:
1- if i wana update software to 1.32, what should i do?
2- if i wana completing the rooting process,should i start from the begining again?
3-how can i check my root?
4- now i have a unlocked 1.20 phone in the middle of root! what do you recomend ?

hi guys.
i ve got a htc desire 500,single sim, sv:1.20
yesterday i tried to root it.i first unlocked it in htcdev and continue rooting steps according to the video was recomended in the forum ,in youtube by extremehightech. after i finished the steps, there was a super su in my menu but it didnt work. it said :the su binary needs to be updated.continue?. and with continuing, phone restarts and nothing happens.
i think my phone didnt root at all. its just unlocked. NOW some questions:
1- if i wana update software to 1.32, what should i do?
2- if i wana completing the rooting process,should i start from the begining again?
3-how can i check my root?
4- now i have a unlocked 1.20 phone in the middle of root! what do you recomend ?

If you have single sim, you have three options.
1. Return phone to original, and install official update
2. Find on google backup of 1.32 software
3. Try my rom with dummie999 kernel

and otherwise you're in the wrong thread

eslam.bro

Jan 26, 2011
Solved

had the same problem (blinking led while charging, no response, vibrates, after rooting and CWM)

pull battery and sim and sd card for 10 min

add only battery in

restart in bootloader (Vol- and power hold)

reset factory setting

then it's working now

Reactions: Omya

jfialho

Jun 7, 2014
PAREDE
Good night staff,
excuse my English.

Also had the same problem on my Desire500 DS
When connected to the charger the led blinking orange and after a time vibrates like 5 times.

Resulted with me after so many attempts.

Took out the MICRO-SD and SIM and battery and waited a 15 minute
so then put the battery and pressed volume - and power button for about 30 seconds, then stopped press the buttons (attention not even on)
then let stand for 1 or 2 minutes and suddenly he lit.

and was pumping ... :cool:

zeljkoX

Aug 13, 2014
I have the same problem.
Rooted my phone following instructions on this forum and everything worked fine.
One day my battery drained, phone has turned off.
When I connect phone to charger orange led blink and it vibrates 7 time every while.
Computer doen't recognize device.

I have tried: power + volume down(with and without bright light focused on proximity sensor),
leave it on charger,
full battery,
even freezer.

Does this type of problem requires jtag or motherboard replacement to be solved?
I have warranty on this phone. Can service guy know that I unlocked mine phone when it is not turnng on??

csksathesh

Aug 28, 2014
Orange LED / No Response for V- (+) Pw button

:eek::crying:

i think i lost my phone
i have given to HTC service center
lets wait and see what's response...

vikson165

Sep 8, 2014
Sofia
No battery

I had the same problem when I rooted my phone.
It could boot after taking out the battery for 10 minutes
but now I have the CleaN rom and my battery died.
I can't tun on my phone because it has no battery
and when I try to charge it I get the orange blinking LED
after a while on charger it vibrates ~ 7 times.
I tried to charge it with a cable straight to the battery
and it started vibrating on it's own.
Any suggestions?

Update:I left the phone to charge one night and one day and it booted on its own when it started it showed 70% battery.

Last edited:

Dagad

Nov 1, 2014
Mumbai
Hi,
My device is HTC Desire 500 (5060) Dual sim purchased 7 days back.
Android Version - 4.2.1
Yesterday I successfully unlock bootloader.
After unlocking boot loader I copied and pasted CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip downloaded from 'http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/root-htc-desire-500-dual-sim-version/'
However I was not able to enter recovery and apply the above downloaded zip, as soon as i select the recovery, the phone was getting rebooted. Hence I tried "fastboot erase cache" ("http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1723670")
However this also did not help, so I had flashed 'CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img' via adb (http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/install-custom-recovery-htc-desire-500-dual-sim-version/)
After flashing above, I entered the recovery mode and installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip via install from sd card mode in recovery.
Post this, the phone was booted up and i was able to see SuperSU, checked with rootchecker and phone status was Rooted!
While opening SU, it was asking for updating binary and while clicking on 'Update', it was saying update failed and phone got rebooted.
This happened for 3 times, hence I decided not to update SU binary and I update the supersu directly from google play.
However even after updating the latest version of Supersu, it was still asking to update binary which I ignored as the phone was getting rebooted.
Main purpose of rooting the phone was to install Link2sd to move certain apps to sd card and removing unnecessary apps. I had uninstalled google play movies, play books and play music.
After that I restarted the phone. Post restarting I was not able to move any app to sd and it was asking that no root permission, while in supersu there was permission granted for link to sd.
I checked the root status and now it was showing your device is not rooted!!
Again I tried to update supersu and it was giving me message that update via CWM for HTD device, hence i clicked on ok and power down the phone. After powering down the phone I tried to enter recovery via volume - and power button same as i did previously, however it did not work.
Tried to power on the phone, it did not work. inserted wall charger and the orange light was blinking but phone did not come to life. removed battery for half n hour along with sd card and sim card but no luck. Charged the phone over night, but still the orange led is flashing (no vibrates). Today handed over the phone to my wife and she visited the service center, the guy said come after half n hour I will check, after half n hour he said that you have rooted your phone and it is not under warranty, you have to get the main board replaced which would cost me around 5500 INR ($84).
Now my wife said that when she had a look the phone was powered on and she said that the guy also showed her that phone is rooted cause he has found supersu app:fingers-crossed: in the phone.
However as soon as he removed the phone from charger again it went dead. I have asked my wife to collect the phone.

Kindly help.:fingers-crossed:

same problem is faced by me... plz hepl!:crying:

vladarum

Jan 23, 2014
Hi,
I had a HTC Desire 500 dual sim and i unlock boot loader, flashed cwm v8 no oc, get rooted and after restarting, phone did not boot up. :)
Solution for me was too remove battery, get back after few seconds, and phone boot up. ;)
Last week i tried too flash clean rom and after flashing the rom, phone get hard bricked. :crying:
Orange light was blinking and phone was vibrating after several min. :eek:
I send it too service and they replaced main board. Phone was in warranty and the replaced for free. :D
Just want too say be very careful and be very sure of what are you doing. ;) :good:

dummie999

Mar 2, 2014
Hi,
I had a HTC Desire 500 dual sim and i unlock boot loader, flashed cwm v8 no oc, get rooted and after restarting, phone did not boot up. :)
Solution for me was too remove battery, get back after few seconds, and phone boot up. ;)
Last week i tried too flash clean rom and after flashing the rom, phone get hard bricked. :crying:
Orange light was blinking and phone was vibrating after several min. :eek:
I send it too service and they replaced main board. Phone was in warranty and the replaced for free. :D
Just want too say be very careful and be very sure of what are you doing. ;) :good:

What does hardbrick mean? Always ask first, never just send it in without asking. Flashing stock rom, certainly won't hardbrick your device, even if you do it wrong, unless you are s-off. Also, check my thread in general about the bootup problem, it seems to be fixed.

vladarum

Jan 23, 2014
What does hardbrick mean? Always ask first, never just send it in without asking. Flashing stock rom, certainly won't hardbrick your device, even if you do it wrong, unless you are s-off. Also, check my thread in general about the bootup problem, it seems to be fixed.

Well its mean that i couldn't turn on my phone even in recovery, it was just dead. If i could enter in recovery then i try to flash stock rom and save my phone.
I just wanted to share my experience with phone and say what happened.
Cheers :)

Well its mean that i couldn't turn on my phone even in recovery, it was just dead. If i could enter in recovery then i try to flash stock rom and save my phone.
I just wanted to share my experience with phone and say what happened.
Cheers :)
My phone vibrates seven times completely always. Just hold the power button until the htc logo shows.

alireza1994

Feb 8, 2012
100% solution

Hi,
My device is HTC Desire 500 (5060) Dual sim purchased 7 days back.
Android Version - 4.2.1
Yesterday I successfully unlock bootloader.
After unlocking boot loader I copied and pasted CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip downloaded from 'http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/root-htc-desire-500-dual-sim-version/'
However I was not able to enter recovery and apply the above downloaded zip, as soon as i select the recovery, the phone was getting rebooted. Hence I tried "fastboot erase cache" ("http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1723670")
However this also did not help, so I had flashed 'CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img' via adb (http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/install-custom-recovery-htc-desire-500-dual-sim-version/)
After flashing above, I entered the recovery mode and installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip via install from sd card mode in recovery.
Post this, the phone was booted up and i was able to see SuperSU, checked with rootchecker and phone status was Rooted!
While opening SU, it was asking for updating binary and while clicking on 'Update', it was saying update failed and phone got rebooted.
This happened for 3 times, hence I decided not to update SU binary and I update the supersu directly from google play.
However even after updating the latest version of Supersu, it was still asking to update binary which I ignored as the phone was getting rebooted.
Main purpose of rooting the phone was to install Link2sd to move certain apps to sd card and removing unnecessary apps. I had uninstalled google play movies, play books and play music.
After that I restarted the phone. Post restarting I was not able to move any app to sd and it was asking that no root permission, while in supersu there was permission granted for link to sd.
I checked the root status and now it was showing your device is not rooted!!
Again I tried to update supersu and it was giving me message that update via CWM for HTD device, hence i clicked on ok and power down the phone. After powering down the phone I tried to enter recovery via volume - and power button same as i did previously, however it did not work.
Tried to power on the phone, it did not work. inserted wall charger and the orange light was blinking but phone did not come to life. removed battery for half n hour along with sd card and sim card but no luck. Charged the phone over night, but still the orange led is flashing (no vibrates). Today handed over the phone to my wife and she visited the service center, the guy said come after half n hour I will check, after half n hour he said that you have rooted your phone and it is not under warranty, you have to get the main board replaced which would cost me around 5500 INR ($84).
Now my wife said that when she had a look the phone was powered on and she said that the guy also showed her that phone is rooted cause he has found supersu app:fingers-crossed: in the phone.
However as soon as he removed the phone from charger again it went dead. I have asked my wife to collect the phone.

Kindly help.:fingers-crossed:

100% solution

I just got this problem
But I resolved
There are two ways.
1 jtag with box: RIFF box and fix it.
2 no box? :eek:
remove battrey from htc desire500 dual sim (Z4DUG)
please wait for 10h
insert battry and press power key
:eek: NOW PHONE TURN ON :D
after wake up dont remove battry( becuse wait 10hourse)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
YOU must flash hboot.

sorry for poor english
onlinearhp@ymail.com
onlinearhp@gmail.com

Last edited:

lolo2010

Aug 21, 2015
10 hours ?

100% solution

I just got this problem
But I resolved
There are two ways.
1 jtag with box: RIFF box and fix it.
2 no box? :eek:
remove battrey from htc desire500 dual sim (Z4DUG)
please wait for 10h
insert battry and press power key
:eek: NOW PHONE TURN ON :D
after wake up dont remove battry( becuse wait 10hourse)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
YOU must flash hboot.

sorry for poor english
onlinearhp@ymail.com
onlinearhp@gmail.com

10 hours ???
or 10 minutes ?

razvangrig

Sep 30, 2014
Bucharest
You have to go back to stock rom. I had the same problem, vibrating 7 times, no boot. In the general thread see my guide

aditya9128

Feb 13, 2014
You have to go back to stock rom. I had the same problem, vibrating 7 times, no boot. In the general thread see my guide

Hello Buddy, Thanks a million. Followed your guide and the problem resolved.

For sometime if the battery is removed or discharged till 0% I had to keep the phone charging for around 10 hours before orange led stops blinking and mobile boots up.

Later I resolved the issue ... rather tweaked it by using external battery charger which doesn't require mobile charger to charge the battery. When kept the battery for charging for about 15 minutes on this charger and reinserted the mobile boots up. (Google for 'direct mobile battery charger' and check images) This charger costs 100Rs (INR) in India and easily available across all small mobile stores.

However a week back I entered into fastboot mode and tried to reset factory settings from bootloader. This resulted in bricked htc desire 500 which halts on HTC logo. Or if the mobile charger is plugged in.. It boots to CWM.

BTW all these times right from my first post (around 1.5 years back when I rooted a week old phone) Then it was Showing S-ON in unlock bootloader.

However I didn't loose hopes and tried flashing CleaN ROM via CWM. It failed for more than 20 times.

Later I relocked bootloader and installed STOCK recovery (Obviously from one of the XDA post) . That too didn't help...

Most frustrating thing was mobile was getting stuck on htc logo if restarted. Restart was required on any sorta rescue operation like flashing kangbang r3 or clean kernel (Via ADB) or clean rom (via CWM). . . . . . . . . . And power or volume+/- buttons were not responsive after rebooting the phone where it stuck to htc boot logo. whenever I remove battery I had to charge the battery for 15 minutes on external charger....

Finally the guide posted by you helped and now my HTC desire 500 dual sim is as good as new one.

Once again thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    yes, you realised that you must flash a custom recovery via fastboot. You were not rooted after flashing supersu.zip because HTC phones have kernels with some kind of no-root protection. So for you could be solution to flash some custom rom with non-stock kernel(or flash only new kernel, that should be enough). I suppose there are some roms for your phone. Try to find rom which is almost stock, but with some additional features, like root access. BTW, this is Desire thread, no Desire 500, so try to find somewhere else.
    Really thanks a lot for your reply as it has given me some hope. It will be a great help if you can guide me where to find custom ROM for Desire HD 500 dual sim as this model was launched in November 2013. Also if you can help me to guide to the HTC Desire 500 Thread. In device search I could not find my device listed on XDA hence I had to post in HTC Desire forum

HTC DESIRE 500 ONE SIM and DUAL SIM versions are supported by this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597314
    Really thanks a lot for your reply as it has given me some hope. It will be a great help if you can guide me where to find custom ROM for Desire HD 500 dual sim as this model was launched in November 2013. Also if you can help me to guide to the HTC Desire 500 Thread. In device search I could not find my device listed on XDA hence I had to post in HTC Desire forum

Try to flash this kernel - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600294. On post #24 is written, that this is working also on dual sim model. So with this kernel it should be all right (it disables the HTC System Write Protection which causes your problems). Good luck ;)
    Solved

had the same problem (blinking led while charging, no response, vibrates, after rooting and CWM)

pull battery and sim and sd card for 10 min

add only battery in

restart in bootloader (Vol- and power hold)

reset factory setting

then it's working now