Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No Mobile Data after KitKat update

OP garrettramsey21

2nd June 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #11  
Flag Kendall
Thanks Meter: 141

399 posts
More
Could be your radio partitions are courpted. Read up in this link to reset the partitions. Just make sure you back up your important data as this requires a factory reset, with stock recovery, which wipes the device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...560010&page=35

You may have to read back a few pages to get an understanding. Anyway just follow santod40 instructions and you should be fine.
Last edited by sabres032; 2nd June 2014 at 06:17 PM.
3rd June 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #12  
Flag Kendall
Thanks Meter: 141

399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedevil

its not the sim, ive swiped with my wife and data works fine on her phone with my sim and ****ty on mine still with her sim.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612740
the above link is the link i used for files to flash the RUU, is it the right one? i would like to try relocking the device if there is nothing else i can do.

Bringing this back to the Q/A thread so as not to flood the other thread with questions. When you say you swapped SIM cards, did you swap just the card or both the card and tray. Try swapping both card and tray from your wife's phone to yours and see what happens. If it's the same results then most likely your phone is the culprit, if you get good data it's the SIM tray and you can order another one.
5th June 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
ok ive tried RUU again using the exe program and running as administrator. it keeps stopping at 6%(checking header..............) it wont go anymore. i already relocked the device, the thread is closed so i cant post in it...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2017525
4th August 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #14  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 9

321 posts
Been having this problem for a bit. Just removed SIM, blew out with compressed air, cleaned SIM and reinstalled. If it happens again I will try the clear packing tape on the back of the SIM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread