Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ROOTED : Unable to convert to ART now. !!

OP karanhv

26th June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

26 posts
Hi,

I have unlocked my bootloader and rooted it. Used xposed for a lot of customizations also. everythng is fine...except :

1 not able to convert to ART now, it reboots and still stays on dalvik.
2 root uninstaller is not working. cant delete system apps inspite of proper root access.

Kindly give me an idea what is causing this ? Is this the S-ON ? because till now i could not find the S-OFF process for this phone, so i'm unable to S-OFF it.

Thanks
karan
4th August 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 23

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanhv

Hi,

I have unlocked my bootloader and rooted it. Used xposed for a lot of customizations also. everythng is fine...except :

1 not able to convert to ART now, it reboots and still stays on dalvik.
2 root uninstaller is not working. cant delete system apps inspite of proper root access.

Kindly give me an idea what is causing this ? Is this the S-ON ? because till now i could not find the S-OFF process for this phone, so i'm unable to S-OFF it.

Thanks
karan

Hi Karan,

Xposed has implemented a failsafe that reverts your runtime to Dalvik during booting.
This happens in case ART is selected as runtime.

This is done to prevent known compatibility issues from coming up as Xposed for ART is not yet available.
this link will take you to rovo89's own post explaining why: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53766771

DhK

Press Thanks If this helped!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread