Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Constant Rebooting Issue

Tip us?

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggg1 View Post
I have the rebooting problem. At first I ignored the problem but now it is starting to irritate me. I rooted almost immediately after getting the tablet so I am not sure if rooting messed it up.

I'm hoping I did not receive a defective device... can someone confirm that this is not hardware related??
Mine was also rebooting. So, i unrooted, wiped, and the rerooted. So far, it's been very stable. I installed xposed today. No problems yet, but i only have a few modules installed.

Cheers,
Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to rholm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kinggg1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the tip, I will try this and report back... Will be really glad I did not burn money on an expensive defective tablet

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggg1 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I will try this and report back... Will be really glad I did not burn money on an expensive defective tablet

I'm pretty sure it's fixable. I've seen random reboots on most of my devices from time to time. Just need to find the app or configuration that is causing it.

Cheers,
Rich

drmacrofish
Old
Thanks Meter 207
For me is seems that it was freezing Knox that was causing the reboots. Once I unfroze it, no more random reboots. Then I installed a custom ROM with Knox removed and all is good.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
For me is seems that it was freezing Knox that was causing the reboots. Once I unfroze it, no more random reboots. Then I installed a custom ROM with Knox removed and all is good.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
I agree. That does seems to be the difference here, too.

Cheers,
Rich

konsolen
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default reboot

the reboots are only with root. I tried many root methods, always reboots.
Now i flashed the F3 Firmware on my t325 , dont root and no reboots since 1 week.

Something makes trouble in our devices if its rooted.

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsolen View Post
Now i flashed the F3 Firmware on my t325 , dont root and no reboots since 1 week.

I'm rooted with no reboots. I didn't disable knox. Everything is very stable.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sbleacher
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsolen View Post
I rooted my 8.4 with towel root. It always rebooted (or maybe just reset) every time I turned it off when certain applications were running (Amazon Kindle, MX Player, and some others). For some reason all I had to do was reinstall the apps and I no longer had any rebooting problems.

pouya67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solution

I updated my T520 from NAE to NG1 using Odin and rerooted it with CF method and I was experiencing random reboots. I did tow things:

1. I defrosted the knox notifications in TB (I had disabaled it when super user asked me to...)
2. I went to SuperSU app's settings under cleanup I tapped reinstall and followed the given commands there...

I have not had a single reboot since then and it's been 2 days now...
I just wanted to share this with those that are having random reboots. Give it a try... It worked for me.