Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to change file permissions without booting the phone

Tip us?

leadsulphide
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to change file permissions without booting the phone

I have rooted Sony Xperia C and added some fonts to /system/fonts. I have changed /etc/fallback_fonts.xml file and forgot to change the file permissions. Now my phone is not booting. Is there a way to change the file permissions without booting the phone?

jakieisuru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsulphide View Post
I have rooted Sony Xperia C and added some fonts to /system/fonts. I have changed /etc/fallback_fonts.xml file and forgot to change the file permissions. Now my phone is not booting. Is there a way to change the file permissions without booting the phone?
Same thing happened to me. Tried to get a console through ADB, didn't work. Had to install the ROM again. The next time I didn't modify fallback_fonts.xml but renamed my font into an existing one and replaced the existing font. It worked.

tonypro79
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsulphide View Post
only go back stock rom