[Q] How to change file permissions without booting the phone

OP leadsulphide

26th June 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have rooted Sony Xperia C and added some fonts to /system/fonts. I have changed /etc/fallback_fonts.xml file and forgot to change the file permissions. Now my phone is not booting. Is there a way to change the file permissions without booting the phone?
30th July 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsulphide

I have rooted Sony Xperia C and added some fonts to /system/fonts. I have changed /etc/fallback_fonts.xml file and forgot to change the file permissions. Now my phone is not booting. Is there a way to change the file permissions without booting the phone?

Same thing happened to me. Tried to get a console through ADB, didn't work. Had to install the ROM again. The next time I didn't modify fallback_fonts.xml but renamed my font into an existing one and replaced the existing font. It worked.
4th August 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsulphide

only go back stock rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread