Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus Zenfone 5 unbrick.. help me!

Tip us?
 
davidhuu
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Unhappy Asus Zenfone 5 unbrick.. help me!

I update the phone SKU = TW to WW, in the process of updating the device stands at around 30%, which does not run on the next stop. I waited over 30 minutes still the same and I reset the phone and the result is brick, just boot up black screen and USB symbol, on the discovery fastboot recovery lost.
sorry, my english bad
 
Maepong
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Banda Aceh
my zf4 stuck on usb mode too. do you solve it?
 
jarotsakir
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default please help!!! zenfone 5 hard bootlop/bricked

please help!!! zenfone 5 hard botlop/bricked, just booting and first screen initial logo. and i dont know serial frmware use first, please guide me to fix it, thanks
 
decatz
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarotsakir View Post
please help!!! zenfone 5 hard botlop/bricked, just booting and first screen initial logo. and i dont know serial frmware use first, please guide me to fix it, thanks
can you go to fastboot ? hold vol up and turn on your phone if can

download ADB Fastboot n install (google it)
download the windows zenfone 5 driver
download firmware from asus site i use V1.14.40.50 for WW
extract and you get UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-1.14.40.50-user.zip
get fastboot.img, boot.img from the zip and copy to adb folder
rename UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-1.14.40.50-user.zip and move it to adb folder
hold vol up and turn on your phone - should went to fastboot
open cmd and go to adb folder
type the following 2 lines: "fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img" and "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (look phone screen, should say successfully for both)
go to recovery - wipe data (google zenfone recovery mode - follow the blog guide)
choose apply update from adb
from cmd above type "adb sideload <filename>.zip"
reboot :P n done
 
harrysuccess
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by decatz View Post
can you go to fastboot ? hold vol up and turn on your phone if can

download ADB Fastboot n install (google it)
download the windows zenfone 5 driver
download firmware from asus site i use V1.14.40.50 for WW
extract and you get UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-1.14.40.50-user.zip
get fastboot.img, boot.img from the zip and copy to adb folder
rename UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-1.14.40.50-user.zip and move it to adb folder
hold vol up and turn on your phone - should went to fastboot
open cmd and go to adb folder
type the following 2 lines: "fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img" and "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (look phone screen, should say successfully for both)
go to recovery - wipe data (google zenfone recovery mode - follow the blog guide)
choose apply update from adb
from cmd above type "adb sideload <filename>.zip"
reboot :P n done
I can't enter fastboot mode, after I pressed power +volup, just usb logo appear on the screen
 
Tech N You
Old
#6  
Tech N You's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 201
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Unknown Land

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysuccess View Post
I can't enter fastboot mode, after I pressed power +volup, just usb logo appear on the screen
I am a Xperia developer but I can guide you through the process.
Download the data and stuff as you have been told.
Make sure your phone is switched off
Press and hold voulme up button and connect your phone to pc
you are in fastboot mode.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more