XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] White Z2 owners: staining or not?

Tip us?

stevles
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillacoke1 View Post
Mine does receive a blue stain on the back from one of my pair of blue levi jeans. Will wash it with the pockets out next time to really clean the dye out. Otherwise no the phone hasn't stained from anything.

This is a sure way to get rid of the stain on the phone but be careful, rubbing alcohol destroys adhesive. That is why it is real handy at removing stickers off anything Just wondering if this could effect the bonding of the phone.
Good point, however (I don't have my Xperia yet) it looks as though the rubber adhesive is built behind the visible area. So if you are using a rag it should be fine. Just don't drop it in a pool of alcohol. Goes without saying right?

Current list of devices:
Sony Xperia Z2 - Goodbye Touchwiz!
iPad 4 - iPads are truly an unbeatable tablet experience. As much as I hate Apple's conformism.

Previous list of devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
iPhone 5 64gb
Samsung Galaxy Note n7000
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700t
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Massive amount of Nokia devices

dyepnoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 186
my white z2 doesnt have stains or anything, but watching erica and her vids made my pants stain a bit. lol

guitarhsredda15
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have had my white Z2 for just over a week now and I have not seen any staining. I don't really like the finish of the plastic moulding though, mine wasn't finished very nicely on the one side but it is only noticeable if you go looking for the imperfections under bright light...