Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i8190n USB only charges

Tip us?
 
saadiko
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
Put the phone in download mode and flash twrp in odin. It's the only way to put a new recovery there without root already.
Otherwise root it, and then flash recovery with rommanager or other similar app.
As I have mentioned before, my device USB only charges, there isn't communication with computer. I know how odin works, but the problem is with the USB.

I'm asking if JIG USB is the only solution, and if it will work.

Thanks for all the answers, but as I had said before... USB only charges
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#12  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 524
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadiko View Post
As I have mentioned before, my device USB only charges, there isn't communication with computer. I know how odin works, but the problem is with the USB.

I'm asking if JIG USB is the only solution, and if it will work.

Thanks for all the answers, but as I had said before... USB only charges
If there are no other way then try JIG USB if you think it will work
The Following User Says Thank You to xXPR0T0TYPEXx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
saadiko
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
If there are no other way then try JIG USB if you think it will work
I'm not sure if it will work, but it's the last thing to try.
I have made an order of the jig USB, and it is supposed to arrive in 20 days (less than 2$ and free shipping). Until then, must wait... I'll will tell you if it works or not.
Thanks!
 
tys0n
Old
(Last edited by tys0n; 27th June 2014 at 04:05 PM.)
#14  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,245
Posts: 1,982
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadiko View Post
As I have mentioned before, my device USB only charges, there isn't communication with computer. I know how odin works, but the problem is with the USB.

I'm asking if JIG USB is the only solution, and if it will work.

Thanks for all the answers, but as I had said before... USB only charges
Even when you put your phone in download mode and then connect the cable?
If so, same thing will probably happen with a USB jig. They are only to force the phone to DL mode. You still have to connect it after that..
How can you tell that it charges in download mode? There is no icons for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
saadiko
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
Even when you put your phone in download mode and then connect the cable?
If so, same thing will probably happen with a USB jig. They are only to force the phone to DL mode. You still have to connect it after that..
How can you tell that it charges in download mode? There is no icons for that.
Yes, when I connect the cable Odin doesn't recognize it, so I supose that only charges (it's true, perhaps it doesn't do it, there isn't any icon). It's supposed when I conncet the phone to the computer, it should pop up the "new storage" (with Odin closed), but it doesn't, only charges.
I want try USB jig, because I have read that it will put the counter to 0 (hoping is this the problem)
 
tys0n
Old
#16  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,245
Posts: 1,982
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadiko View Post
Yes, when I connect the cable Odin doesn't recognize it, so I supose that only charges (it's true, perhaps it doesn't do it, there isn't any icon). It's supposed when I conncet the phone to the computer, it should pop up the "new storage" (with Odin closed), but it doesn't, only charges.
I want try USB jig, because I have read that it will put the counter to 0 (hoping is this the problem)
Counter is not set to 0 with usb jig on this device. We use triangle away for that.
If you got Kies installed, then uninstall it and install samsung drivers only.
See if there's dust in the phones usb. Take some thin plastic, but be gentle.
Just a few ideas but you've probably tried it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
saadiko
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
Counter is not set to 0 with usb jig on this device. We use triangle away for that.
If you got Kies installed, then uninstall it and install samsung drivers only.
See if there's dust in the phones usb. Take some thin plastic, but be gentle.
Just a few ideas but you've probably tried it all.
It's what I supposed, but it's a way to try if USB connection works (not 100% but if it doesn't work I will know it's a hardware problem)
I've tried uninstall Kies and install samsung drivers, I've cleaned the dust in the usb, but I don't understand what I have to do with the plastic, is the same plastic to keep food fresh? must put it on the usb?
 
saadiko
Old
#18  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default not working yet

my USB JIG has arrived and I have tried it... and still doesn't work. Yes, it starts the download mode, but when I plug the USB to try something, the computer (ODIN) doesn't do anything. I have tried with my wife's phone and it works, it's a i 8190n, too.
I'm not going to try anything more, YOU WIN THIS TIME i8190n!
 
chalis93
Old
(Last edited by chalis93; 4th August 2014 at 07:31 PM.) Reason: left one word
#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Hi, I have the same problem with my GT-8190, but it happens after my phone drop onto water..
charging is work, but it say "USB device Not Recognized" when I try to connect with PC..
now i want back to stock rom, but I can't do it if my phone not recognized to PC.
Do you have an idea how to flash official stock rom without PC(Odin)?

Sorry for my English

Thread Tools
Display Modes