[MOD] [XPOSED] Disable Fullscreen Keyboard [v1.3]

Search This thread

xenon92

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
dosen't work with TouchPal keyboard on lg g2 android 4.4.2 with spidero 380kat kernel

Works fine on Touchpal Keyboard. CM11 4.4.4.

qTldsdi.png

Please post xposed log as well as a logcat with events including rotating to landscape orientation, opening keyboard as well as closing keyboard.

Reactions: leohobas

devil-kin

Dec 6, 2009
www.kcore.org
I'm puzzled - I have a Nexus5 with switftkey, and in landscape it shows just like your module shows (without using your xposed module)

So I'm not entirely sure what the difference is?

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
I'm puzzled - I have a Nexus5 with switftkey, and in landscape it shows just like your module shows (without using your xposed module)

So I'm not entirely sure what the difference is?

Try to see if goes the same thing when using quick reply in XDA app thread, if so then perhaps swift key adds this feature.

I'm using Google keyboard and only after this mod did it begin to show half the screen background.

Send from GN running ParanoidAndroid2.57 Jellybean 4.1.2 w/Tablet Mode

devil-kin

Dec 6, 2009
www.kcore.org
Try to see if goes the same thing when using quick reply in XDA app thread, if so then perhaps swift key adds this feature.

I'm using Google keyboard and only after this mod did it begin to show half the screen background.

Send from GN running ParanoidAndroid2.57 Jellybean 4.1.2 w/Tablet Mode

Ah, yes, I see. It depends on what API level the app in question will be using. Gmail is probably using a later one than eg. tapatalk.

Nice! *installing*

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
This is what it looks like when in hangouts, I have the keyboard up in portrait then rotate it. It doesn't do this, however, if I go to landscape then bring up the keyboard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-04-18-12-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-18-12-48.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 179

TheTAMAS

Mar 6, 2014

Disable Fullscreen Keyboard

Read more about it HERE.

Featured on XDA-portal.
Thanx to @Faiz Malkani

An open source Xposed module for android, to disable fullscreen keyboard along with the text input field that takes up the whole screen in landscape orientation. It works with all android keyboards, including SwiftKey, Swype, Google keyboard, AOSP keyboard etc. The module doesn't have a GUI. Just enable it in Xposed Installer, and it will do its magic.

I made this module because this tweak to disable fullscreen keyboard in GravityBox and XBlast Tools doesn't work for SwiftKey. That is the only keyboard that I use. So I made the module myself.

any chance it can work with TouchPal X ? :fingers-crossed:

Steve1207

Sep 12, 2010
Budapest
Edit: HTC One (M7), stock Sense keyboard, working great! Immers me couse the problem.

Last edited:

Zheen

Apr 27, 2014
As Sulaymaniyah
Great work. Thanks a lot! A lot of us have been waiting for this. It is working nicely on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running a Google Play Edition ROM

Blizzard22

Jun 7, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Found out the problem! 'StatusbarVolume' caused problems when I enabled 'Volume Sliders' and used YouTube apps TV connect feature and changing the volume caused a reboot.
It's not Disable Fullscreen Keyboard fault and I'm sorry that I thought it's this module fault. =)

Reactions: xenon92

popolonxda

Sep 23, 2008
Thanks...Great job...it works on my N7105 CM11 AOSP and Mixed Chinese keyboard but need go to settings\input devices\Advanced options to enable Disable fullscreen keyboard.

xenon92

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disable Fullscreen Keyboard

Read more about it HERE.

Featured on XDA-portal.
    Thanx to @Faiz Malkani

Featured on Lifehacker.com.

With over 100,000+ downloads through Xposed module repository.

An open source Xposed module for android, to disable fullscreen keyboard along with the text input field that takes up the whole screen in landscape orientation. It works with all android keyboards, including SwiftKey, Swype, Google keyboard, AOSP keyboard etc. The module doesn't have a GUI. Just enable it in Xposed Installer, and it will do its magic.

I made this module because this tweak to disable fullscreen keyboard in GravityBox and XBlast Tools doesn't work for SwiftKey. That is the only keyboard that I use. So I made the module myself.

SCREENSHOTS

play_swiftkey.jpg

play_swype.jpg

play_google.jpg

HOW TO USE?
    • Install Xposed framework
    • Install Disable Fullscreen Keyboard
    • Enable 'Disable Fullscreen Keyboard' in Xposed Installer

REQUIREMENTS
    • Xposed framework
    • Android 4.0+

SOURCE

Source code of the app can be found at my Github repository.

DOWNLOADS

1c50f4dc2c41c8c.png

CHANGELOG

v1.3
    • Add support for SwiftKey / SwiftKey Beta 6.2+

v1.2
    • Add support for SwiftKey Beta Keyboard 6.1+

v1.1
    • Add support for SwiftKey Keyboard 6.0+
    • Disable logcat logs

v1.0
    • Initial release

CREDITS

Big thanx to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty for the amazing Xposed framework
    Hi everyone!

Sorry, I was away from android development for quite some time. I was going through a few posts and I saw a few issues (one of which I faced too, was SwiftKey Keyboard compatibility was broken).

Lately I got time to again pick things where I left off. I have updated the "Disable Fullscreen Keyboard" module with the changelog as below.
    v1.1 is currently available only at Play Store. I'll upload in Xposed module repository soon.
    I have tested the module on my Nexus 6, CM13.
    Please test the module with your ROMs and Keyboard combination and let me know if the module is not working with your combination. I'll try and look into it.

CHANGELOG

v1.1
    • Add support for SwiftKey Keyboard 6.0+
    • Disable logcat logs

DOWNLOADS

1c50f4dc2c41c8c.png

• Google Play Store
    • 'Releases' section in my Github.
    • I have uploaded a Donate Version of the module to the Play Store. It is same as the free version. It just gives you an opportunity to support the development and buy me a beer. :)

Please leave your feedbacks on the play store too. :)
    Thank you...
    I confirm that is working with Android L Keyboard on my Moto G.

Thank you again ;)
    As a SwiftKey user who wanted this option I thank you for your great module!
    It works great but since I installed it my phone reboots often when I rotate it.
    I don't know exactly if it's related to your app but since I disabled it it doesn't happen anymore...

My logs:
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view/rxa338uclww1azl/Public/crashed_again2014-07-30-21-28-50.txt

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view/ve4epiy5nmk2gzx/Public/randomcrash2014-07-30-20-56-04.txt

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view/uvmmmdlyoscbku0/Public/xposed_error_20140730_212917.log
    I have the xperia keyboard in my Xperia T running CM11.
    And the text zone overlaps on the screen so I cant see the text that Im writting. I saw the same problem before for the Xperia keyboard

I have the same problem with Xperia Z3 Compact, stock 5.1 ROM, default Xperia Keyboard.

The workaround is to install another keyboard (I installed Gboard).
    Run the app (eg. Whatsapp). Switch keyboards. Gboard will "push" the Whatsapp screen far enough so it doesn't overlap. Switch back to Xperia Keyboard.
    The next time you use Whatsapp, it should remember how far up to push Whatsapp.
    I hope this works for you, too.

Thanks for the Xposed Module.

z3c01.png

z3c02.png