Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Front Camera is TERRIBLE

Tip us?

firerappedR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm running CM11, it seems fine to me, at least on snapchat...

sierrarohan
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I understand your problem, but this is the 2.2MP front camera we are talking about, its not right to expect clear n perfect selfies especially when capturing indoors! I'm really happy about the front cam as it produces really acceptable photos! Outdoors, it is much better! I agree that there is some discolouration and grains but that is expected!!
Using the word terrible is terrible!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	2846969  
Using Sony Xperia Z2 (Stock 4.4.2 ROOTED)
Root on LB achieved by this great Community Toolkit!!!

amantukrel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem on snapchat

I used the front cam to take some selfies. Seemed okay once the pictures were processed. But in Snapchat the selfies turn out grainy only. Any solution? I

mameenbh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone got a solution for this. It doesn't feel right or logical for a high end phone

naujoks
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrarohan View Post
I understand your problem, but this is the 2.2MP front camera we are talking about, its not right to expect clear n perfect selfies especially when capturing indoors! I'm really happy about the front cam as it produces really acceptable photos! Outdoors, it is much better! I agree that there is some discolouration and grains but that is expected!!
Using the word terrible is terrible!!!
Can I ask you though if that picture youve taken should have shown the structures with straight lines as straight lines, and not as crooked as they are?
That is my biggest gripe, the truly awful lens distortion.

sierrarohan
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by naujoks View Post
Can I ask you though if that picture youve taken should have shown the structures with straight lines as straight lines, and not as crooked as they are?
That is my biggest gripe, the truly awful lens distortion.
Yes that is indeed the case!! However, these distortions are not visible when I take selfies outside, even in waterfall!! :P
So I guess, when not even a single Human is 100% correct, how a gadget can be! Overall, front cam takes a shot which pleases my eye, and thats all I want from a inferior sensor.
Using Sony Xperia Z2 (Stock 4.4.2 ROOTED)
Root on LB achieved by this great Community Toolkit!!!