Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,877 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No SMS or MMS after Straight Talk Switch (UPDATE 6/30/14)

Tip us?

Shrek77
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83HatchGTI View Post
Well, I tried that. This time when I sent a picture, I got the swirling circle (loading) to the lower right of the picture I tried to send. It was loading for about 2 or 3 minutes and finally showed that it sent. Everyone was getting my pictures 3 times on their phones before my phone would say it failed. This time, my wife got my picture one time and it shows on my phone that it did send. Thanks for the help.

I think it took a while to send just now because I'm being throttled by Straight Talk.
You are welcome. Glad I was able to help!

83HatchGTI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek77 View Post
You are welcome. Glad I was able to help!
Thanks again. I wonder why before, with my at&t phone I had to specify the apn type but with this unlocked phone, I didn't? Strange.

Shrek77
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Thanks again. I wonder why before, with my at&t phone I had to specify the apn type but with this unlocked phone, I didn't? Strange.
I have the AT&T variant note 2 and before the update it defaulted blank but after it plugged in some by itself. I don't know why but who knows.

83HatchGTI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek77 View Post
I have the AT&T variant note 2 and before the update it defaulted blank but after it plugged in some by itself. I don't know why but who knows.
just a quick update for you...the whole issue where everyone was getting my pictures 3 times...worked itself out. Your suggestion to delete the APN type is what got my pictures to send. Then after a few days it randomly quit sending the picture 3 times and then saying it failed.

Now my phone works great

Shrek77
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
just a quick update for you...the whole issue where everyone was getting my pictures 3 times...worked itself out. Your suggestion to delete the APN type is what got my pictures to send. Then after a few days it randomly quit sending the picture 3 times and then saying it failed.

Now my phone works great
Glad your phone is fixed!