FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] No SMS or MMS after Straight Talk Switch (UPDATE 6/30/14)

2nd July 2014, 03:33 AM |#11  
Shrek77's Avatar
Member
Flag Claysburg
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83HatchGTI

Well, I tried that. This time when I sent a picture, I got the swirling circle (loading) to the lower right of the picture I tried to send. It was loading for about 2 or 3 minutes and finally showed that it sent. Everyone was getting my pictures 3 times on their phones before my phone would say it failed. This time, my wife got my picture one time and it shows on my phone that it did send. Thanks for the help.

I think it took a while to send just now because I'm being throttled by Straight Talk.

You are welcome. Glad I was able to help!
 
 
2nd July 2014, 09:06 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek77

You are welcome. Glad I was able to help!

Thanks again. I wonder why before, with my at&t phone I had to specify the apn type but with this unlocked phone, I didn't? Strange.
3rd July 2014, 04:50 AM |#13  
Shrek77's Avatar
Member
Flag Claysburg
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83HatchGTI

Thanks again. I wonder why before, with my at&t phone I had to specify the apn type but with this unlocked phone, I didn't? Strange.

I have the AT&T variant note 2 and before the update it defaulted blank but after it plugged in some by itself. I don't know why but who knows.
5th August 2014, 03:42 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek77

I have the AT&T variant note 2 and before the update it defaulted blank but after it plugged in some by itself. I don't know why but who knows.

just a quick update for you...the whole issue where everyone was getting my pictures 3 times...worked itself out. Your suggestion to delete the APN type is what got my pictures to send. Then after a few days it randomly quit sending the picture 3 times and then saying it failed.

Now my phone works great
5th August 2014, 03:59 AM |#15  
Shrek77's Avatar
Member
Flag Claysburg
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83HatchGTI

just a quick update for you...the whole issue where everyone was getting my pictures 3 times...worked itself out. Your suggestion to delete the APN type is what got my pictures to send. Then after a few days it randomly quit sending the picture 3 times and then saying it failed.

Now my phone works great

Glad your phone is fixed!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes