Video recording stutters on Lumia 822

OP fdl_chris

19th April 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but I constantly suffer from video recording stutter.
It doesn't happen every time, and it's difficult to narrow down what is causing it. I thought it might have been a faulty MicroSD card because it only seemed to happen when recording video to SD. However, the replacement SD card does the same. I think there may have been a few instances where it happened when I recorded video to the phone also, but I hardly ever use this setup. I can't say that recording to SD is the root cause.

During video playback, the stutters are still there in exactly the same places, indicating they've been recorded during the video.

Has anyone else experienced this with a 820/822?
5th August 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdl_chris

I don't know if anyone else has experience this but I constantly suffer from video recording stutter.
It doesn't happen every time, and it's difficult to narrow down what is causing it. I thought it might have been a faulty MicroSD card because it only seemed to happen when recording video to SD. However, the replacement SD card does the same. I think there may have been a few instances where it happened when I recorded video to the phone also, but I hardly ever use this setup. I can't say that recording to SD is the root cause.

During video playback, the stutters are still there in exactly the same places, indicating they've been recorded during the video.

Has anyone else experienced this with a 820/822?

Check the class of your SD card. It needs to have write speed good enough to record video. Try to lower resolution in camera video settings to 720p/25Hz and see if the stutter appears again. But for that resolution you also need fast SD card.
SD class 6 or higher or UHS class 1 or higher is recommended for HD video recording.

Also check if you have some applications running in background which could decrease CPU and SD card performance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread