Ask a question

No registration required

for those of you that believe you received a defective device

OP dogcmp6

3rd July 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #111  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 83

440 posts
I get this so error so many times with this device. In my opinion sprint spark is a huge downgrade. The data is worse, the signal is weaker, I'm constantly losing data, and one of the biggest downgrades is no data during a phone call which is essential for me. Seriously, I think the iphone 4 can still do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-08 18.07.07.png
Views:	384
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	2830621  
3rd July 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #112  
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 63

381 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by memekmek

I get this so error so many times with this device. In my opinion sprint spark is a huge downgrade. The data is worse, the signal is weaker, I'm constantly losing data, and one of the biggest downgrades is no data during a phone call which is essential for me. Seriously, I think the iphone 4 can still do that.

Did you install the latest update? That fixed the errors for me.

As of now you will not have any cellular data while on a call with any Spark device. We will probably have to wait for VoLTE until we see that again. Just the way it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to uh60james For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #113  
Flag Illinois

440 posts
Which update? I'm always jumping between the sprint forum and the general HTC m8 forum so I might have missed it
4th July 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #114  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,181

3,993 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Which update? I'm always jumping between the sprint forum and the general HTC m8 forum so I might have missed it

The latest OTA update, 1.54.654.10.

Sent from my HTC M8
8th July 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 100

618 posts
More
Quote:

I get that same BS error all the dam time. Its this spark tri-band bs. Looks like the S5 is also seeing the same thing we are over here. I have talked to sprint multiple times with all levels of support. Took the phone to 2 different service centers. All say the same "Nothing wrong with the device". Now "if " they are right the only other thing left is SPARK and its freaking horrible... I had them (sprint) count all the dropped calls to CS in one day and the number was 52!!!! Me calling them and them trying to call me back. Im out of the 14 days but i mean something really needs to be done. Its really getting out of control!
9th July 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #116  
Flag BALTIMORE MD
Thanks Meter: 306

1,658 posts
More
I think there may be defective devices. My 1st one was all screwed up. Wouldnt connect to my airrave. Would consistantly bounce from 3g to 4g and dropped calls everytime it switched. I got a new one and now the phone works perfect
23rd July 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #117  
Flag Long Island
Thanks Meter: 38

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

These DEFINITELY are defective devices. I know because I went through the process.

I ordered the Harman Kardon edition, immediately after receiving I put a glass screen protector and case on. After 5 minutes, It would not connect AT ALL to 3g, getting your same exact error message. I also could not place any phone calls, receiving another attached error message. Texts would come almosy exactly 1 1/2 hours after being sent by the sender.

I switched back to my M7 and reception worked fine (lol). After 2 days of troubleshooting, Sprint ordered me a new M8. After activating the newest One, it immediately connected to 3g, and calls and texts work normally. It is extremely fast switching back and forth between 3g and voice. Signal is the same or better than my M7. Just be careful when all your play apps auto install, 3g coverage in my area couldnt handle it and I thought it was broken again. After letting them install over wifi, speed tests work, browser works, etc

The defective M8 still receives your error message and the one attached. It's going back in a return kit. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-18-18-11-44.png
Views:	188
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	2866884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-18-17-55-09.png
Views:	185
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	2866885  
1st August 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #118  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 232

461 posts
More
Quote:

looks like a mis configured profile too.. do you have roaming options? if not id reset the phone and go through the activation process again or just do a profile update a few times and reboot.
5th August 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #119  
Flag Illinois

440 posts
SPRINT?! how is getting rid of data during a phone call an upgrade? NOOOO!!!!!!

Sprint spark brings us back to 1995
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1407266274994.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (57.0 KB, 110 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread