Post Reply

[Q] No front camera after android 4.4.2 update...!!

OP jayas.mayank

21st March 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #11  
elvisypi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durres
Thanks Meter: 1,299
 
2,293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
It makes no sense but here you go. You said you are stock so here is the odexed camera. Copy this files to /system/app and change permissions to rw/r/r https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow5tkyooyxkudo0/Camera.apk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/leqxkbnizzp1qfl/Camera.odex

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi

It makes no sense but here you go. You said you are stock so here is the odexed camera. Copy this files to /system/app and change permissions to rw/r/r https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow5tkyooyxkudo0/Camera.apk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/leqxkbnizzp1qfl/Camera.odex

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk


Sir when i am trying to install the camera.apk after changing the permissions it is saying app not installed.
21st March 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #13  
elvisypi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durres
Thanks Meter: 1,299
 
2,293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayas.mayank

Sir when i am trying to install the camera.apk after changing the permissions it is saying app not installed.

Don't install the camera. Do as I said copy it to /system/app and replace the old camera. Than change permissions. It's a system app and can'tbe installed that way

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
21st March 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi

Don't install the camera. Do as I said copy it to /system/app and replace the old camera. Than change permissions. It's a system app and can'tbe installed that way

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sir i did exactly what you said. I replaced my current camera.apk and camera.odex with yours into system/app. Then i changed permissions as all other files are. Then i rebooted the device. But when the phone rebooted the camera was not installed. Now what to do?k
21st March 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Sir i think the problem is with the camera.odex you have provided. When i replaced only your camera.apk with my apk but not camera.odex the camera was installed but still there is no front camera option. Plz sir provide me another camera.odex. thanks sir
21st March 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #16  
elvisypi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durres
Thanks Meter: 1,299
 
2,293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayas.mayank

Sir i think the problem is with the camera.odex you have provided. When i replaced only your camera.apk with my apk but not camera.odex the camera was installed but still there is no front camera option. Plz sir provide me another camera.odex. thanks sir

Sorry man but this is getting ridiculous. The camera app I provided works perfectly. The ruu works perfectly. So either you haven't ruu'd correctly, or your camera is broken. There are thousands users and everyone's camera is working. As for the camera app not showing try this. Flash it in recovery and than wipe caches https://www.dropbox.com/s/pic2job7nrsnl4o/Camera.zip

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi

Sorry man but this is getting ridiculous. The camera app I provided works perfectly. The ruu works perfectly. So either you haven't ruu'd correctly, or your camera is broken. There are thousands users and everyone's camera is working. As for the camera app not showing try this. Flash it in recovery and than wipe caches https://www.dropbox.com/s/pic2job7nrsnl4o/Camera.zip

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

No luck sir. I think this is a hardware issue. I will check the service centre now. Any way thanks for your help sir
4th August 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayas.mayank

No luck sir. I think this is a hardware issue. I will check the service centre now. Any way thanks for your help sir

Hi Jayas,

Did you have any luck solving this one?. I am having the same issue as you are.

Totally stock (un-rooted) HTC One M7
Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 6.0

After upgrading to 4.4.2 about a month ago the camera stopped working immediately. When you open the Camera app you get a black screen, touching the screen where I know the controls are results in hearing the noises as you would expect. I installed Camera ZOOM FX and this gave me camera functionality back, but when I switch to record video I still get the same black screen after about 1 second of seeing through the view finder. All very frustrating.

Cheers,

Mark.
5th August 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
SOLVED my own issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhouston72

Hi Jayas,

Did you have any luck solving this one?. I am having the same issue as you are.

Totally stock (un-rooted) HTC One M7
Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 6.0

After upgrading to 4.4.2 about a month ago the camera stopped working immediately. When you open the Camera app you get a black screen, touching the screen where I know the controls are results in hearing the noises as you would expect. I installed Camera ZOOM FX and this gave me camera functionality back, but when I switch to record video I still get the same black screen after about 1 second of seeing through the view finder. All very frustrating.

Cheers,

Mark.

OK after rooting and ROMing (Android Revolution) my HTC One M7 and still getting the same issue I decided to take a different tack. During the many re-boots during the rooting and ROMing process I noticed that sometimes the camera worked early after a re-boot but stopped working later. So using a task killer app I was able to track down the app that was causing the camera to show a black screen.

Believe it or not it was Ultimate Rotation Control which I was using in conjunction with tasker for some automations. The minute the app started up the camera would immediately fail. So uninstalled and, happy days, the camera is back to working order.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Mark

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markhouston72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes