Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,767,951 Members 39,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Amperific SuperKang Project | r2 | 3.4.0 | [24-6-2014]

Tip us?

Formhault
Old
(Last edited by Formhault; 5th August 2014 at 11:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperific View Post
There are three instances.

Instance 1, Old Rev LCD Panel

Overheating does not affect connectors but literally the Panel.

Instance 2, Faulty/Old rev connectors.
Overheating affect both panel and connector, also the most vulnerable to being damaged. dr87's TWRP has been confirmed that It resisted the heat, but could not reduce alot of it.

Instance 3, new rev panel

Nothing happens. Literally, the connection between the panel and the main board is safe from heat.
So the cable itself is good? It's just the connector that gets damaged (the one on the motherboard or the one on the LCD?)...

Then what did you mean by "And try to make sure the connector can be shifted to a further spot from the chip. That helped me alot. Now flashing in suoer hot temperatures did nothing that damages my screen."? Shift the connector to a further spot? What connector? How?!

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
Bottom line is this whole black line crap is a toss up, UNTIL IT IS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED THERE IS NO ANSWER.

Just a bunch of neckbeards sitting around with their tin foil hats on, making educated guesses, so pawning over it here, is moot at best. There is a thread for it.

I've flashed my phone every day multiple times a day since October. I've flashed every ROM, including pa once or twice, and no issue here.

Glad to see you back amperific, can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
And then there's @1ceb0x who got his phone early this year (manufactured in October 2013) who got no issues... until now... when his screen started to flicker like this.

You'll never get an answer from LG. LG's too big to listen to an insect like you, me and others.

Try getting an answer from Samsung on this. And this. And this. Will you? NEIN !

I already tried they kicked me out of two Samsung showrooms. On one occasion they thought I caused that issue (right there, I mean... in my 10 seconds stay) and on the other, they didn't want to provide an answer NOR keep me around to talk about this issue which they obviously are trying to cover).
Did my post entertain or help you? Do you hate me? Hit the THANKS button!

To all my haters

ckyy
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post
So the cable itself is good? It's just the connector that gets damaged (the one on the motherboard or the one on the LCD?)...

Then what did you mean by "And try to make sure the connector can be shifted to a further spot from the chip. That helped me alot. Now flashing in suoer hot temperatures did nothing that damages my screen."? Shift the connector to a further spot? What connector? How?!

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

And then there's @1ceb0x who got his phone early this year (manufactured in October 2013) who got no issues... until now... when his screen started to flicker like this.

You'll never get an answer from LG. LG's too big to listen to an insect like you, me and others.

Try getting an answer from Samsung on this. And this. And this. Will you? NEIN !

I already tried they kicked me out of two Samsung showrooms. On one occasion they thought I caused that issue (right there, I mean... in my 10 seconds stay) and on the other, they didn't want to provide an answer NOR keep me around to talk about this issue which they obviously are trying to cover).
Ouch.

Amperific
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3220

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post

The exact contact between both connectors are the damaged parts.

Supporting Devices

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (tuna)
LG G2

Team Members

Amperific - Founder - Lead Developer
pattyboi - Kernel Developer (tuna)

Donate to me!
I'm currently in need of a themer and a few Device maintainers.
Feel free to drop me a PM.

Formhault
Old
Thanks Meter 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperific View Post
The exact contact between both connectors are the damaged parts.
The contact between the connectors (as in sockets) = the cable...?
Did my post entertain or help you? Do you hate me? Hit the THANKS button!

To all my haters

The Following User Says Thank You to Formhault For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]