Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB OTG in SGS Advance?

Tip us?
 
rog_star
Old
#11  
rog_star's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 161
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by govind.madhu93 View Post
Android 4.4 roms based on cyanogenmod have OTG support right?? Novathor settings has an option to enable voltage to USB port. I dont have OTG cable. So i have not tested it yet. Is it working on roms like CM11 ???
No, SGSA has no USB OTG support.
Only thing you can do is to enable power output for USB, thus you can charge an other device or power a van in the summer
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
ROM: Slimkat
Baseband: XXLQL
Launcher: Nova Prime
GApps: Slim_mini_gapps
 
govind.madhu93
Old
#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 27
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kottayam
Quote:
Originally Posted by rog_star View Post
No, SGSA has no USB OTG support.
Only thing you can do is to enable power output for USB, thus you can charge an other device or power a van in the summer
Thnx. Saved me 50 bucks. I was planning to buy one after confirming..
 
flentus
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 23
Join Date: Apr 2008
reference doc of 9070's USB switch: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tsu6111.pdf
-> the USB switch manages USB OTG

9070's source code suggests that it shoud support it:
/* USB-OTG API function */
#define BOOT_API_USB_INIT 10
#define BOOT_API_USB_GET_NB_BYTES_RECEIVED 11
#define BOOT_API_USB_SET_CONFIGURATION 12
#define BOOT_API_USB_RECEIVE_DATA 13
#define BOOT_API_USB_TRANSMIT_DATA 14
#define BOOT_API_USB_IS_CONFIG_RECEIVED 15
#define BOOT_API_USB_IS_SESSION_VALID 16
#define BOOT_API_USB_IT_PROCESS 17
#define BOOT_API_USB_GET_STATUS 18
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_DISCONNECT 19
#define BOOT_API_USB_INIT_EP 20
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_INITIALIZE 21
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_CONNECT 22
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_CLOSE 23
 
shut_down
Old
#14  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,326
Posts: 7,413
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by flentus View Post
reference doc of 9070's USB switch: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tsu6111.pdf
-> the USB switch manages USB OTG

9070's source code suggests that it shoud support it:
/* USB-OTG API function */
#define BOOT_API_USB_INIT 10
#define BOOT_API_USB_GET_NB_BYTES_RECEIVED 11
#define BOOT_API_USB_SET_CONFIGURATION 12
#define BOOT_API_USB_RECEIVE_DATA 13
#define BOOT_API_USB_TRANSMIT_DATA 14
#define BOOT_API_USB_IS_CONFIG_RECEIVED 15
#define BOOT_API_USB_IS_SESSION_VALID 16
#define BOOT_API_USB_IT_PROCESS 17
#define BOOT_API_USB_GET_STATUS 18
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_DISCONNECT 19
#define BOOT_API_USB_INIT_EP 20
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_INITIALIZE 21
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_CONNECT 22
#define BOOT_API_USB_CUST_CLOSE 23
I am sure that CoCafe did good research about that already...
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tomaszek94
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Szczecin
i try may times with many proggrams and wont work for me ;/
 
AntaresOne
Old
#16  
AntaresOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,653
Posts: 685
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in Andromeda Galaxy

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaszek94 View Post
i try may times with many proggrams and wont work for me ;/
Wasted time, OTG in S Advance will never become reality.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
Samsung Galaxy S Advance:
AOSPA 3.99
MoKee OS 4.3.1
MoKee OS 4.4.4
OmniROM 4.4.4

Task Manager for CM-based ROMS
Install/Restore 4.1/4.2 ROMs without flashing stock

Samsung Galaxy Ace II:
MoKee OS 4.4.2
OmniROM 4.4.4

Samsung Galaxy S4:
MultiROM v28

If you like my work and want to support me, you can consider to offer me a beer, a coffee or whatever you want, just click here
The Following User Says Thank You to AntaresOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes