Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo

Tip us?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2672
Try strawmetals PDF linked in the op, I believe his download links are still good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cisky78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Try strawmetals PDF linked in the op, I believe his download links are still good

I've been able to download the "platform-tools.7z" file from the first link, but still, I cannot open the zipped file... so I can't extract the misc_version file...

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2672
How are you extracting it? What os are you using?

SHCarnage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Need the file from misc_version_01.zip I cannot extract it, file seems broken or something. Can someone who has the file upload it please?

daivee
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Hello guys and gals. I was doing a major clean up at home when I happen to find my g2 after thinking I had lost it almost 2 years ago. Pretty good feeling. Anyways now that its not my daily driver I would like to install custom recovery and root. My question here is are these steps in OP still current for me to get this done ? Or is the guide out dated. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2672
Still the best way to root, also look to the xda wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daivee
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Still the best way to root, also look to the xda wiki

Nice, thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

cwburns32
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Hi all!

I also found my old G2 laying around and decided to put a custom ROM and kernel on it. I have ADB setup correctly, ADB sees my device, I have all the required files in my platform-tools folder where ADB is located. Whenever I try to push either file to my device it says...

"cannot stat 'fre3vo': No such file or directory"

I have searched hard and low for a solution to this issue to no avail - very disappointing. I have thought of almost everything but for whatever reason ADB cannot see that the file is sitting in the exact same path as itself. I can assure you the files are there and yes they are extracted. I have tried from an elevated cmd, shift+right open cmd on platform-tools, CD'ing to platform-tools after opening cmd - still nothing. I've tried pointing directly to the path instead of just "fre3vo" - still nothing. I am at a total loss and after rooting, unlocking, flashing, etc. on many phones I am shocked I can't figure this one. I have tried multiple cables, different PCs, etc. obviously these were not likely to fix it as ADB can see the device but wanted to eliminate all issues.

Any suggestions or advice would be great. This is completely mind boggling to me as I do not know why ADB cannot see the file.

Nipqer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 388
Can you post a screenshot or copy everything in the command prompt? Would be handy to see exactly what you've written.

-Nipqer
nothing to see here

Tags
downgrade fastboot