Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Bricked Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 VRUFND7

Tip us?

Spy26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadon0827 View Post
What did you do to cause it? Could you link me to instructions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry I'm a stupid new user, but I need info like your phones model number, the files name you downloaded and your steps you did to brick your phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Well, I have the Titanium grey Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) running KitKat 4.4.2 (was updated OTA and is obviously not rooted). I basically followed the guide on:
http://www.android.gs/root-install-c...k-application/

It showed success writing the PIT file and prompted to restart the device but thats where it got stuck. All i see now is the text I earlier mentioned.

Spy26
Old
(Last edited by Spy26; 6th August 2014 at 10:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy26 View Post
Well, I have the Titanium grey Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) running KitKat 4.4.2 (was updated OTA and is obviously not rooted). I basically followed the guide on:
http://www.android.gs/root-install-c...k-application/

It showed success writing the PIT file and prompted to restart the device but thats where it got stuck. All i see now is the text I earlier mentioned.
UPDATE: Flashed stock rom. Now its back to as it was. Unrooted, bloated, no data connection but working otherwise.
@jadon0827 : thanks for your concern bro. I am sure this is not the last time I would be nagging you or others here