Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 38,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Building a Kernel from source{Mediatek}

Tip us?
 
ponnex
Old
#51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 27
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cagayan de Oro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome View Post
If other kernels work and this one doesn't is because bindassbost kernel is for kitkat ROMs. Although, that shouldn't affect your proximity, so I'm guessing the calibration is different.

However similar your device maybe, the calibrations may vary

"some calibrations settings are on the device itself.

Search with an root explorer under /sys/devices/platform and check under the MT-IC's (eg MT-i2C.0)

Under those IC's you'll find most of the devices (sensors,, etc), that are being used.



Example

/sys/devices/platform

MT-I2C.0
0-0039 - s3202 ---> s3202 is the TouchPanel

MT-I2C.1
1-0018 - FM50AF ---> Camera Lens

MT-I2C.2
2-0018- BMA222 ---> Accelerometer

etc, etc.

Some sensors special configs, can be found on those IC's, others are under /proc."

Or,

The ramdisk is bad. Make sure you are using your stock Rom's ram disk instead of the ram disk provided by the developer. Since the init binaries may be different and affect the proximity.

Or,

Your proximity sensor itself is faulty( check this first).

Good luck.
THANKS FOR THE VERY DETAILED REPLY!

I already checked my proximity driver it is cm36283 whereas in the BindassBoost kernel and all other kernels uses cm3602(?)

Is it okay If I changed that cm3602(?) in the root explorer in to cm36283?
Im sure my proximity sensor is not faulty cause I've flash back stock rom with stock kernel and proximity and light sensors working fine not sure how to address this problem either to make patch or build my own custom kernel?

Hoping for positive feedback! and THANKS!
 
ponnex
Old
#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 27
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cagayan de Oro
Cannot open file /home/ponnex/Ponnex_a110/kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage

what possible error could this be?

I got a flashable zip already containing boot.img only 600 kb (?) and zImage of 0 bytes
 
MasterAwesome
Old
#53  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 735
Posts: 1,101
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponnex View Post
Cannot open file /home/ponnex/Ponnex_a110/kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage

what possible error could this be?

I got a flashable zip already containing boot.img only 600 kb (?) and zImage of 0 bytes
It could be because

Using wrong toolchains
Ignoring warnings and errors
Bad kernel source.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterAwesome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
superdragonpt
Old
#54  
superdragonpt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5202
Posts: 1,645
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lisbon

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponnex View Post
Cannot open file /home/ponnex/Ponnex_a110/kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage

what possible error could this be?

I got a flashable zip already containing boot.img only 600 kb (?) and zImage of 0 bytes
Makefile
toolchain



Quote:
Originally Posted by ponnex View Post
THANKS FOR THE VERY DETAILED REPLY!

I already checked my proximity driver it is cm36283 whereas in the BindassBoost kernel and all other kernels uses cm3602(?)

Is it okay If I changed that cm3602(?) in the root explorer in to cm36283?
Im sure my proximity sensor is not faulty cause I've flash back stock rom with stock kernel and proximity and light sensors working fine not sure how to address this problem either to make patch or build my own custom kernel?

Hoping for positive feedback! and THANKS!
original reply:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2517


I advise you to check and read that thread, the title is about CM on MTK devices, but that thread has become the main thread about MTK development.

Becouse i don't want to repeat myself all over again, read that thread, there's a lot you can learn there .

Regards
If you like my work press Thanks, and feel free to Donate, and buy me an beer


Latest work :

Mediatek MT6582 SoC: (Wiko DarkMoon)
Custom Kernel
JB 4.2.2 / Carliv Touch Recovery
Unofficial LeWa Os v5


Mediatek MT6577 SoC: (ZTE V970 / v970m)
Custom Kernel


Mediatek MT8125 SoC: (Asus Memo Pad HD 7)

JB 4.2.2 / AOSP / Carliv Touch Recovery




All the other Projects

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ponnex
Old
#55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 27
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cagayan de Oro
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt View Post
Makefile
toolchain





original reply:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2517


I advise you to check and read that thread, the title is about CM on MTK devices, but that thread has become the main thread about MTK development.

Becouse i don't want to repeat myself all over again, read that thread, there's a lot you can learn there .

Regards

Thanks sire
Tags
building, guide, kernel, mediatek, source
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes