LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] archos 79 xenon freezing at the start-up logo

OP pat2211

30th April 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I tried to root my 79 xenon using frama root, it worked but a few days later my 79xe keeps freezing on the start-up logo " archos entertainment your way". I contacted the store where I bought this tablet and they told me that they need the stock firmware to fix this problem. I have searched but nothing found, also no reponse from archos customer service. I would be greatfull to you if anyone can provide me the stock rom of Archos 79 xenon.
1st May 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kirov
Thanks Meter: 15

71 posts
http://www.archos.com/ru/support/sup...dates_fwm.html
A list of official firmwares available.
2nd May 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
I hope the firmware will availble soon . Can I extract the firmware from the others ?
4th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kirov
Thanks Meter: 15

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2211

I hope the firmware will availble soon . Can I extract the firmware from the others ?

No, you can brick your device easily by doing that. The only ways to bring it to work is to send it to the authorized Archos service or to ask support for assistance.
24th June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
Recovering from start up freeze.
I bought this tablet and root it using kingo root. The tablet froze at the welcoming display the next day and the only solution I discovered is to boot into then recovery (vol up + power on) and execute a factory reset. It boots OK and kept the root.
Now it is the 2nd day and I am keeping my fingers cross.
Have anybody found the reason why? And anybody with a link to a recent stock firmware.

Derek
6th August 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
I know the thread is a little bit old, but hopefully this would help someone someday. I did fall into a bootloop with the Archos 79 Xenon while I was trying to deodex its ROM.

Here's the link to the firmware of the Archos 79 Xenon as provided by their support. I'm downloading it currently, so I can't really tell if it is the original 4.2 or an updated one.

http : // update. archos. com/ AFMv1/ storage/ / files/ full/ a79xe/ 20140708.134233/ update.zip (542MB) [remove spaces, sorry, but the forum rules prevent me from sharing external links, yet ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread