Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Anyone still on Gingerbread? Which ROM is your daily

OP lasuazo

9th July 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasuazo

I have been using stock ICS 4.0.4 the last 3 weeks, I really have nothing to complain as I did some mods over the stock rom, mostly uninstalling all the att crap, and some unnecesary apps like gmail & google + running in the background consuming lots of resources. So far it has been great, plus I havent had battery issues. It will last the entire day, without a heavy usage of course. Currently waiting for the release of sedirom to try it out as Im getting used to the ol ICS as it is really stable, as if not 100% stable. Has anyone used Xposed with stock ICS? If you have, please let me know which mods have you done with it.

Had my wife on Stock until upgrading to ICS 4.04. Was a bit flaky and upgraded to KitKat. I can definitely say the looks of KK is much better but it sure was more stable on stock. Biggest issues tended to be BlueTooth as we continued upgrading..
9th July 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

125 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_ky

Had my wife on Stock until upgrading to ICS 4.04. Was a bit flaky and upgraded to KitKat. I can definitely say the looks of KK is much better but it sure was more stable on stock. Biggest issues tended to be BlueTooth as we continued upgrading..

I actually used Buborīs CM11 with KitKat 4.4.2 & 4.4.3. It really is smooth and I really liked it, but I just like my phone with no issues at all, so I went back to stock ICS. Which Rom are you using for kitkat?
9th July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasuazo

I actually used Buborīs CM11 with KitKat 4.4.2 & 4.4.3. It really is smooth and I really liked it, but I just like my phone with no issues at all, so I went back to stock ICS. Which Rom are you using for kitkat?

Using Bubor's OmniRom 4.4.4.... When we connect it to the car via Bluetooth (after deleting pairing, etc.) it still isn't working... On ICS 4.04 Bluetooth worked fine most of the time, but kept dropping ever so often. My wife's Fitbit Flex wouldn't connect either. Ironically, it does on 4.4.4....
12th July 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Love my glide
from a hardware perspective I love my glide. I don't really want to upgrade to a new phone, but I have had several annoyances on it. One of them is the Google maps not working with Ice Cream Sandwich. Other annoyances too. I tired the KitKat rom here, and it's very good, but I was trying to get all of the google apps on and I hit a wall with the partition size. Seemed fixable but was driving me nuts. Not sure which direction I should go now.
13th July 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Developer
Flag My coordinates
Thanks Meter: 11,121

2,480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willriddle1

Not sure which direction I should go now.

Install them as user apps.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD
5th August 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryowen

My Glide has been in a drawer for over a year and I recently decided to try using it again. It's still on GB, rooted and unlocked. I ended up putting it back in the drawer, mainly because quite a few of my apps complained about not having ICS or above.

I would like to update it to a newer, stable, close-as-possible-to-stock ROM when I have time.

can u make a CWM backup and send the files(zipped) please?
Last edited by krome_3k; 5th August 2014 at 11:11 PM.
6th August 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krome_3k

can u make a CWM backup and send the files(zipped) please?

Maybe next weekend if I have time. Aren't there stock roms available though?
7th August 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryowen

Maybe next weekend if I have time. Aren't there stock roms available though?

gingerbread? not as a cwm zip.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread