Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG L7 II - Rom??

OP 88Abreu

25th May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Hey guys!

I'm here to try understand why almost all LG PXXX devices have roms and P710 dont have 1... It's possible Root phone, and i read it's possible unlock bootload and instal CWM... I read so much i confuse. So i go ask some question hope some1 can make me understand

1- Why dont have any custom rom for p710? Isn't possible?

2- I see rom for p700, p705, p708 ... models from LG L7 .. Some1 try that on L7 II? Because they are similar (p700 and p710 are realy similar)

3- I read about port rom... If is possible port rom from p700 (ex: cm11 kik kat) for p710... Why no1 do that yet? ... I think about try, but i to new at this yet for doing that.

Well LG stock rom sucks so bad... Please anyone just help p710 users get a better life lol .. I dont care if is cm11 kit kat, cm10.2, or what f**k else. Just wanna a cool cm rom for this device

Please help me understand

PS: And BTW sorry for my english... if it's not so nice.
Last edited by 88Abreu; 25th May 2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Errors
The Following User Says Thank You to 88Abreu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #2  
Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 57

282 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Abreu

Hey guys!

I'm here to try understand why almost all LG PXXX devices have roms and P710 dont have 1... It's possible Root phone, and i read it's possible unlock bootload and instal CWM... I read so much i confuse. So i go ask some question hope some1 can make me understand

1- Why dont have any custom rom for p710? Isn't possible?

2- I see rom for p700, p705, p708 ... models from LG L7 .. Some1 try that on L7 II? Because they are similar (p700 and p710 are realy similar)

3- I read about port rom... If is possible port rom from p700 (ex: cm11 kik kat) for p710... Why no1 do that yet? ... I think about try, but i to new at this yet for doing that.

Well LG stock rom sucks so bad... Please anyone just help p710 users get a better life lol .. I dont care if is cm11 kit kat, cm10.2, or what f**k else. Just wanna a cool cm rom for this device

Please help me understand

PS: And BTW sorry for my english... if it's not so nice.

My guess is that the fact that functional CWM for these devices has been out just recently, added to the fact that these devices are not as popular as other devices such as Samsung, Nexus etc., explain why custom ROMs for this series haven't been out yet. I believe it won't take too long as AFAIK there are some teams that are currently working on custom ROMs (like Optima team here).
P70x (L7) and P71x (L7 II) devices aren't that similar (single core vs. dual core), so porting ROMs from the former to the latter ain't easy at all.
I agree with you that stock ROM is pretty lame and bloated, but I guess this can be fixed to some extent if your device is rooted.
Otherwise, just have a little patience...
29th June 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 47

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
we have only two custom rom...because the L7 II is a ''new'' phone and have a CWM fully working
6th August 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lallo29

we have only two custom rom...because the L7 II is a ''new'' phone and have a CWM fully working

I thought we had no roms for the P710, could you please link me to those two custom roms?
6th August 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #5  
Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 57

282 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBandicootX

I thought we had no roms for the P710, could you please link me to those two custom roms?

You can see their related threads in the LG Lx II Android development section.
6th August 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 47

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBandicootX

we have six rom!

GhostRom/AOGP (Android Open Ghost Project, building)
NOOBrom (building)
Purified stock
MIUI V5 4.7.18
Kitkat mod
Slymsystem
7th August 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 14

108 posts
More
I wasn't even aware they added the board for L# II phones, wow!
Any sign of cyanogenmod coming in soon? AFAIK all current roms aren't really built from source, just reworks of stock rom.
Also, I can't seem to find the MIUI rom, now on my way to try SlymSystem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread