[Theme] [CM11] [Update 28 Feb] Bring back some Holo Blue

Search This thread

hypophysis

Oct 12, 2009
Neuburg a.d. Donau
Hey ! Thank you for this amazing theme ! But I have a few questions

-Why is there an alert message saying my phone resolution isn't compatible with this theme ? (with Nexus 5)

I have no idea. This alert message is also popping up when installing other themes.

-Are you planning to do a "Bring back full holo blue" ? In jelly bean, the light when we "overscrolled" (I don't know how to say it) was blue, but now, with Kitkat,, it's white... I know there are many other things, but I can't remember what...

Maybe, when I have time and leisure. But what is full holo blue? They reduced it on every iteration since ICS.

-And, the "3G, H+, etc..." icon next to the signal bars was white in JB, and you make it blue :p

No, they were not. They were white when you activated GSM/UMTS data connection. When the phone established a connection to the Google servers they also turned blue. Google removed the color change in KatKat on the system status icons and kept it only in the quicksettings (remember: ugly pale orange -> white).

Last edited:

Link2811

Dec 13, 2012
I have no idea. This alert message is also popping up when installing other themes.

Maybe, when I have time and leisure. But what is full holo blue? They reduced it on every iteration since ICS.

No, they were not. They were white when you activated GSM/UMTS data connection. When the phone established a connection to the Google servers they also turned blue. Google removed the color change in KatKat on the system status icons and kept it only in the quicksettings (remember: ugly pale orange -> white).

- Ok, it's the first theme I use.

- It's just a way to say a new theme with more Holo blue element than the "More Holo Blue" theme :p

- Definitely not, I got an "old" Nexus 4 4.3 with me, and yes, the signal bars are blue, but E, 3G, H+.. logo is always white !

Link2811

Dec 13, 2012

Interesting. On my Nexus 7 2013 LTE they do turn blue on JB 4.3 stock and CM10.2.

By the way: I'm glad you like my theme and I didn't want to offend you :)

No problem, man ! :)

We are facing a strange problem :eek: Look here, on a Nexus 4 ht tp://m.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Google-Nexus-4-Review-screenshot-home-screen.jpg (I cannot post link because i'm a "new" member, just remove the space)

The only reason I see is that LTE logo turned blue, but not the 2G/3G logos.

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
Excellent theme! I'm glad I found this. My only request is if you have a way to change the blue to a green.. the same green from GB :)

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
Any way to get holo blue lines and buttons? Im on roms that has all white or anyone know something like this but full?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

D

Deleted member 5590068

Request/ Suggestion

With the new theme engine do you think you could make the blue lines and stuff in menu's blue to counteract Roms where they completely get rid of HOLO Blue? Also, could you include the old Jellybean stock wallpaper? Thanks! :laugh:

Jan 23, 2013
I guess this will not bring us back the tiny arrows that flash as data exchange happens?

Update: disregard, the arrows are there, at least in CM 11... I had read something to the effect of, in KK there's no way of knowing if data exchange is going on by looking at the status bar.

So now I have my holo blue back, cool! thanks!

Last edited:

SolubleShoe

Feb 19, 2011
This is a great theme. Finally someone that wants some #33b5e5 back in android.

Would it be possible to have the 4.0 style on/off switches?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You dont like the eyepiercingly bright white icons in KitKat's system status area? You don't like them either in quicksetting and you hate the new pale orange that can be seen there? You want back some good old Android Holo Blue?

Here's the solution:

This Theme Chooser theme brings back some of our beloved Holo Blue to CM11 (should also work for the other major KitKat Custom ROMs as far as they implement Theme Chooser. The specific icons are already included in my theme!).

It's a minimalistic theme. It only themes the system status area and the quicksettings and doesn't disturb the pure AOSP look.

Back to holo blue are:

• Signal, WiFi, Bluetooth (when connected), Clock and Battery icon in system status area. Here I use the brightest possible version #39CAFF for better contrast on the transparent status bar and because the icons get reduced in brightness by the system when displayed on a black status bar.
    • BringBackSomeHoloBlue.apk: Signal, WiFi, Bluetooth and Cast in Quicksettings. Here they turn to standard Holo Blue #33B5E5, when fully connected.
    • BringBackMoreHoloBlue.apk: Everything that was blue in Quicksettings on 4.3 Jellybean is blue again.

All bright white icons in these areas where reduced in brightness to the standard Jellybean level #CCCCCC.

All icons stay original KitKat. They only got carefully color and alpha channel tuned by me.
    The new scheme in quicksettings with outlined dark grey icons when inactive and bright filled icons when active stays untouched.

"Plus" versions also revert the overscroll glow back to JB holo blue color and style.

Contains icon sets for MDPI, HDPI, XHDPI and XXHDPI devices.
    Icons for RTL languages (Hebrew, Arabic etc.) are also included.

Knowns issues:

This doesn't install on devices running ART instead of Dalvik. ART doesn't accept modded APKs that are not buillt from source. Any help on this topic will be much appreciated.
    Edit: I got a report that it keeps working when you install under Dalvik and then switch back to ART.

Battery and clock color only get changed in newer nighlies of cm11. There is a bug in CM11 regarding the circle battery. The grey (in fact it's translucent white) full ring is actually drawn over the indicator ring segment instead as an underlay. This makes the color of the ring look brighter and less saturated. I already opened an issue on CM11 bugtracker. Hope they fix it soon.

Installation: Download and install the APK. Go to Settings/Themes and activate it - voilà - you get back some Holo Blue. :cool:

Tools used for creating this theme:
    - Virtuous Ten Studio (includes APKtool)
    - ImageMagick (command line image manipulation)
    - win-bash (GNU Bash Shell for Windows)
    - Greenfish Icon Editor Pro
    - WinMerge
    - Notepad++

Update 13th Feb 14: Added the new CM11 Quicksettings Volume Control Icons.
    Update 28th Feb 14: Added "Plus" versions that also revert the overscroll glow to holo blue JB style

You also don't like the grayish and red look of the deskclock? Check out this mod I made: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51067709 Originally posted in the Nexus 7 2013 forums, but should work on all Devices running Android 4.2 and up.
    Changed the the touch highlight color of the dropdowns (notifications and quicksettings) from #AAAAAA to #CCCCCC too.
    Update 28 Jan:
    Added MDPI and HDPI iconsets to avoid blurring on lower resolution devices. All icons carefully handtuned and not resized from higher resolutions.
    Is there any possibility of theming the pulldown bar on the notification drawer to holo blue like in jelly bean?

I made a second version called "Bring back more Holo Blue" that reverts everything in the Quicksettings back to blue that was blue in 4.3 Jellybean.

Download on first post.
    It is working now ;)

Getapatalkt mit Taschenreschner

What did you change?

Here's a version that's signed with Android test keys. Can someone who had problems before pease confirm if it is working now.