Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Desire S REBIRTH Project

Tip us?

da-anda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaisu View Post
I have the same problem as u mentioned. But I solve the problem by set up a contact file for what I need then exports the contact file to sdcard. Whenever I install a new ROM, I would untick contact syn at the Goole account then go to clear up contact at related apps. Then imports the contacts from the sdcard.
That's unfortunately not an option for me, because you loose the possibility to sync new contacts on the phone back to Exchange. For now I cleaned up the auto-suggest list in Exchange, but I hope the google guys will solve it quickly.

kchaisu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have been tried KitKat ROM for HTC Desire S many versions mainly from Devil Kin and some of others, developers for sometime and found out that customers have different apps installed with the limit resources and RAM of outdated DS which causing problems varied from one to another not only the conflict of ROM to apps but also space on RAM itself. These problems give the difficulty the developers to define problems suit to individual users. I currently using Mokee ROM by Ruling by keeping minimum apps installed to the system and used Titanium back up to freeze unnecessary apps from MoKee apps especially Chinese version of the apps. I also keep my Radio, HBoot, and Recovery versions the same as developer (Devil Kin, because he somehow committed himself to the development for our DS and I will not get away from his development by anyway. It is because he has his heart for our outdated device.)

notallowedatall
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hope that this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780606) rom will be supported and added to this thread in the future too.
I did install it yesterday and for now works just fine, no errors in core phone functions and xperia gui is really responsive.

kchaisu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have tested the latest updated Mokee ROM by Ruling (27/07/2014) with Finny ringtone fix; the system is very smooth and responsive. However, I also apply AGPS-Ringtone fix by Devil Kin, and found that AGPS caused the system unstable (I assume that Ringtone fix is the same version as Finny), especially with Fi theme. But Fi theme has no problem with Finny ringtone fix alone. Thanks to Ruling for keep on update the ROM.

kchaisu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I feel sorrow for the decision made by Devil Kin for leaving DS ROM development despite people still need his devotion. Well, people have there own life and dignity to do what they feel to suit they need. However, when the time comes to leave the community they have joined in for sometime which they have been sharing together with joy and sorrow somehow their minds have been addicted to that habit because happy or joy and sorrow are parts of our lives. Therefore time manage is crucial for human as well as positive thinking and avoiding high expectation to have the outcome as we like and love because proper time management lets us doing more good things and positive thinking could make days of our living with happy and joy no matter how the outside of mind was. Good luck to Devil Kin and thanks for all his devotion to our community.

kchaisu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
So far latest Mokee KK ROM for Saga by Ruling (30/07/2014) seems to be OK, except ringtone call have to be fixed.

kchaisu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The latest MoKee Kitkat ROM (201408062144) by Ruling, calling ringtone, WiFi, Bluetooth, and DSP Manager are working fine.