Post Reply

LG G Pad 8.3 not read SD Card sometimes after KitKat update from LG.

OP getmealive

5th June 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #51  
Hugo-PT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Land of horizon and sea
Thanks Meter: 227
 
366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos77

No, it is not. My cheap China tablet with KitKat does not have these problems at all.

This tablet brought kitkat? Have you done any update to kitkat?
5th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #52  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo-PT

This tablet brought kitkat? Have you done any update to kitkat?

It's a Colorfly. It had 4.2 and got 4.4.2 later (not OTA, but flash with Windows program).
5th June 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #53  
Bodisson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks Meter: 36
 
940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian566

I suspect it a Google Issue in the update to kit Kat

I don't think so...
My S4 is also on KitKat and has no SD unmount problems at all.
V500 started having SD card suddenly unmounted" problem few days ago.
Both V500 and S4 are using Transcend Class10 32GB SD cards...
5th June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #54  
Hugo-PT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Land of horizon and sea
Thanks Meter: 227
 
366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos77

It's a Colorfly. It had 4.2 and got 4.4.2 later (not OTA, but flash with Windows program).

It is a custom ROM or stock?

Tanks
Hugo

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodisson

I don't think so...
My S4 is also on KitKat and has no SD unmount problems at all.
V500 started having SD card suddenly unmounted" problem few days ago.
Both V500 and S4 are using Transcend Class10 32GB SD cards...

Really seems to be a problem of LG with kitkat. Several users have reported to them, but LG says it not found any problem..
5th June 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #55  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo-PT

It is a custom ROM or stock?

It is official ROM from Colorfly, but looks pretty much Android stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo-PT

IReally seems to be a problem of LG with kitkat. Several users have reported to them, but LG says it not found any problem..

I have asked LG support in Germany and USA and both said, this should be a hardware fault and I should send in the tablet. LOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to sidamos77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #56  
Hugo-PT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Land of horizon and sea
Thanks Meter: 227
 
366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos77

It is official ROM from Colorfly, but looks pretty much Android stock.



I have asked LG support in Germany and USA and both said, this should be a hardware fault and I should send in the tablet. LOL.

It's a software problem and not hardware! They are crazy!
We have to wait for an update from LG to solve this issue, sooner or later
5th June 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
How many of you that are having the problems using link2sd? I also had a hell of a time with the sd card until I did a fresh install minus link2sd and haven't had one issue in over 3 weeks. I also verified in my case it was causing the problem by reinstalling the app and bingo all the problems reappear. I'm on LG 20B.
5th June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #58  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc

How many of you that are having the problems using link2sd? I also had a hell of a time with the sd card until I did a fresh install minus link2sd and haven't had one issue in over 3 weeks. I also verified in my case it was causing the problem by reinstalling the app and bingo all the problems reappear. I'm on LG 20B.

I don't. I was using the KitKat SD Write Fix, but I removed it and did a repair install and a factory reset. Still the same unmount problem.
7th August 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #59  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
LG G Pad 8.3 not read SD Card sometimes after KitKat update from LG
Hi, I'm also having problems with Link2sd on my LG G Pad v50020d.

After linking apps to the sd card, am keep having errors like:

1. SD card unmount unexpectly,
2. so and so app stopped working
3. Home also stopped working and
4. keep rebooting over and over again continuously.

Initially I thought I didn't root properly. So I reload back to stock v50020d, reset several times to clear all the data and re-root again. After that I re-install all the apps back to the internal memory and run for couple of weeks without any problem, smooth and good. Or at least, none of the above problems showed up.

Then I start to create link using Link2sd for a few apps (games mostly) to test out. And the problems started all over again. I did the same on my Xiaomi Mi Pad, but without a single problem and running smoothly.

Anyone has the similar problem? Any rectifications?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes