Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery drain on E988 G Pro

Tip us?

Raj8
Old
(Last edited by Raj8; 27th January 2014 at 09:25 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Battery drain on E988 G Pro

I just purchased my LG G pro E988 model less then a month ago. My battery life was fine until a week ago when moderate usage only lasted me about 10 hours, before that, with moderate usage with 70% percent screen brightness, with the wifi on for 10 hours a day, whats-apping the whole day, the battery lasted me for about 30 hours till the next day! i only use whatsapp regularly. i dont play games or use facebook often nor i watch any videos. I tried everything from deleting some apps that i downloaded, force stop some apps,.. its still not working.. Anyone?? Help needed!! Attached here is the screenshot of my battery life graph...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-27-17-19-37.png
Views:	129
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	2541903  

kotsios8
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj8 View Post
I just purchased my LG G pro E988 model less then a month ago. My battery life was fine until a week ago when moderate usage only lasted me about 10 hours, before that, with moderate usage with 70% percent screen brightness, with the wifi on for 10 hours a day, whats-apping the whole day, the battery lasted me for about 30 hours till the next day! i only use whatsapp regularly. i dont play games or use facebook often nor i watch any videos. I tried everything from deleting some apps that i downloaded, force stop some apps,.. its still not working.. Anyone?? Help needed!! Attached here is the screenshot of my battery life graph...
Hey man, can u include the battery use details?
It will be better to see that, and then try to help you..
Current Device :Sony Xperia Z1
Current Device :SM Note III
Current Device : Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1
Previous Device: HTC Desire
Previous Device: iPhone 1st Gen
The Following User Says Thank You to kotsios8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

people211
Old
Thanks Meter 45
My battery will sometimes drain quick, but then stop. I have all battery saving options selected And now have this,...

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391125488350.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	2549713  

Raj8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsios8 View Post
Hey man, can u include the battery use details?
It will be better to see that, and then try to help you..

Hi, I have included the battery usage here. everything looks normal, but there are times when "home" and "system UI" is also shown as using 2% or 3% of battery. The battery gets heated up and it drains even when im not using the phone. My home screen wallpaper was the default wallpaper then i changed it to my choice. A while after that, it changed by itself to the default one. I suspect there's some virus or malware running in the background...I tried using different kinds of anti virus to detect if theres any virus or malware, but all the anti virus apps didnt find any virus and said my phone is clean. like i mentioned earlier, i have already hard reset the phone 3-4 times already...but its still the same, the battery gets heated up and the battery drains like hell when im not using it....any suggestions??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-29-09-17-09.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	2550249  

Raj8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj8 View Post
Hi, I have included the battery usage here. everything looks normal, but there are times when "home" and "system UI" is also shown as using 2% or 3% of battery. The battery gets heated up and it drains even when im not using the phone. My home screen wallpaper was the default wallpaper then i changed it to my choice. A while after that, it changed by itself to the default one. I suspect there's some virus or malware running in the background...I tried using different kinds of anti virus to detect if theres any virus or malware, but all the anti virus apps didnt find any virus and said my phone is clean. like i mentioned earlier, i have already hard reset the phone 3-4 times already...but its still the same, the battery gets heated up and the battery drains like hell when im not using it....any suggestions??
The second screen shot shows "home" and "system UI" using part of the battery percentage. Ive not seen "home" and "system UI" shown using battery before this when i was using the phone for the first two weeks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-31-16-49-56.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	2550279  

24m24a435
Old
(Last edited by 24m24a435; 5th August 2014 at 01:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi dude
I had same problem!
try a factory reset your problem will be solved!
your device cant enter standby so use many charges!
I tested in a g pro e988 that drain every night 40percent of charge without use, so its solved!
backup your data and try factory reset!
try it i hope help you!

fafalafafa
Old
Thanks Meter 4
try wakelock detector. your phone does not go to sleep. with wakelock detector you can see what app is the REAL cuprit and close it.